E-hybrid - how many charging cables?

• Thread starter Deleted member 133570
  • Start date

Deleted member 133570

Hi,

2nd day ownership of a 2021 e-hybrid. So far so good.

It came with a type 2 to 3pin charging cable. Should it also include a type2 to type2 cable too? Or is that something I just have to buy separately.
Just thinking about those situations where some public chargers are not tethered.

Thanks

Chemical Matt

Dec 16, 2020
My 21 plate xcellence came just with the 3 pin granny cable. Had to buy the charging cable separately. The car can only charge at 3.6kw/16amp but I bought a 7.2kw/32 amp cable as the price was similar and I can hopefully use it on other future cars.

Deleted member 133570

My 21 plate xcellence came just with the 3 pin granny cable. Had to buy the charging cable separately. The car can only charge at 3.6kw/16amp but I bought a 7.2kw/32 amp cable as the price was similar and I can hopefully use it on other future cars.
Thanks.
Realistically how often do you use it as most public chargers are tethered?
Just trying to figure out if its worth it or not.
I already have a tethered wall charger at home too.

Chemical Matt

Dec 16, 2020
Thanks.
Realistically how often do you use it as most public chargers are tethered?
Just trying to figure out if its worth it or not.
I already have a tethered wall charger at home too.
To be honest not very often. Maybe five times in a year. That's mainly because I don't generally stay for long at places where there's a charger so the amount of charge I would get is not worth it (it does charge slowly). Plus I'm stingy and every charger I've found (apart from aldi) is chargeable. All of the chargers I've used though did need a cable supplying.
I have a home podpoint charger with a captive cable at home so I just generally charge it there.
If you do get a cable go for a 7.5m minimum as the 5m will be too short.

Deleted member 133570

To be honest not very often. Maybe five times in a year. That's mainly because I don't generally stay for long at places where there's a charger so the amount of charge I would get is not worth it (it does charge slowly). Plus I'm stingy and every charger I've found (apart from aldi) is chargeable. All of the chargers I've used though did need a cable supplying.
I have a home podpoint charger with a captive cable at home so I just generally charge it there.
If you do get a cable go for a 7.5m minimum as the 5m will be too short.
Great advice about the 7.5m. I have the Hypervolt at home with 5m cable and thats just long enough if i was to reverse park onto the drive. I’ll see how i get on over the next month or two before I decide. The free chargers around here (Tesco and Aldi) are tethered.

Deleted member 133570

Ended up buying a secondhand one for £40 today. Tested at Tesco and it works a treat.

I accidentally assumed most public chargers were tethered but they are not :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise