E-hybrid petrol only MPG

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
Hi,
Currently got a Cupra Leon e-hybrid VZ2 on order. I'm looking to do the NC500 next year and just wondered if any of you current e-hybrid owners out there could shed any light on the 'petrol only' MPG that you've seen.

I will try to plug in overnight during this trip, but even when I can, the mileage I'll be doing will quickly zap the electric power.

I appreciate these cars are designed to be plugged in every night (which I will be doing day to day) but if anyone has done any longer journeys you may be able to shed some light on this for me.

Thanks in advance!

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
Hi,
Currently got a Cupra Leon e-hybrid VZ2 on order. I'm looking to do the NC500 next year and just wondered if any of you current e-hybrid owners out there could shed any light on the 'petrol only' MPG that you've seen.

I will try to plug in overnight during this trip, but even when I can, the mileage I'll be doing will quickly zap the electric power.

I appreciate these cars are designed to be plugged in every night (which I will be doing day to day) but if anyone has done any longer journeys you may be able to shed some light on this for me.

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

Has nobody driven their e-hybrid on petrol only?

Dave5118

Jun 27, 2021
Hi,

Has nobody driven their e-hybrid on petrol only?
Yeah, and it's not great. I've only tried it on my commute, 10 mile, and struggle to get over 40mpg. Used to do 55+ easy in my old Ioniq PHEV. :rolleyes:

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
Thanks for your replies, it at least gives me a ball park as to what I can expect!

bbglan

Jun 3, 2021
I got 48.7 mpg today on the 130 mile trip home. Only had 2% battery so predominantly petrol. No idea if my hybrid settings are right though 🤣

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
I got 48.7 mpg today on the 130 mile trip home. Only had 2% battery so predominantly petrol. No idea if my hybrid settings are right though 🤣
That's great mpg for petrol only! Hope you're enjoying your new car!

Reactions: bbglan

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
My Cupra leon hybrid 245bhp 2021 is around 32 mpg but I do a lot of urban drives let alone if you put your foot down seeing 21mpg isn't uncommon so be warned you may be shocked but they balance out on motorways. Tip is going by a hybrid video I seen stick to electric drives in daytime around town and on motorway force to engine use only that way you can balance out your mpg. Please note I dont have the facility of charging over night but my podpoint is only 1 mile.away I still love the car thou and theres only 2 cupra Leon's on my area.

Last edited: