Eastbourne motor show.

Le0nheart

Oct 7, 2007
Eastbourne, England
Popped down the Eastbourne motor show (if you can call it a show) today to peek at the new Ibiza in the flesh. Noticed a few things; the new Ibiza looks stunning in the limited edition orange, but looks hideous in the lime green. Also a few of the models did not seem to have rear brakes on them. I think I bored the poor chaps on the Seat stand in the morning bragging about my 60MPG Leon so didn't pop back in the afternoon to ask about the brakes.

Another slightly unnerving observation was that Seat had hired a group of giggly 14 year old girls to hand out flyers which was major creepy.

Anyway did anyone else get down there today? The Audi stand had a pretty fit R8 on display, the new Fiesta RS looks surprisingly handsome and the Lotus' looked as grotesque as ever :D

rich RS

Ibiza 1.4 TSI ACT 150 FR
Aug 5, 2006
Driving some where!
Went there last year and James May was compering the show, very funny and entertaining! I belive that Mike Brewer was compering the show this year.

Poverty

Popped down the Eastbourne motor show (if you can call it a show) today to peek at the new Ibiza in the flesh. Noticed a few things; the new Ibiza looks stunning in the limited edition orange, but looks hideous in the lime green. Also a few of the models did not seem to have rear brakes on them. I think I bored the poor chaps on the Seat stand in the morning bragging about my 60MPG Leon so didn't pop back in the afternoon to ask about the brakes.

Another slightly unnerving observation was that Seat had hired a group of giggly 14 year old girls to hand out flyers which was major creepy.

Anyway did anyone else get down there today? The Audi stand had a pretty fit R8 on display, the new Fiesta RS looks surprisingly handsome and the Lotus' looked as grotesque as ever :D

They did have rear brakes but are drum brakes instead of brake disc setup. Drums are cheaper to fit and more than adequate for the slower models. Infact on the mk4 ibizas that were fitted with rear brake discs, if they were not driven regularly the rear discs would rust up as the back end is so light that they never got used much.

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
They did have rear brakes but are drum brakes instead of brake disc setup. Drums are cheaper to fit and more than adequate for the slower models. Infact on the mk4 ibizas that were fitted with rear brake discs, if they were not driven regularly the rear discs would rust up as the back end is so light that they never got used much.

indeed, replaced my rear discs after less than 10k miles :ban:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.