Eco (E) gearbox mode without Individual mode

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
Is there a way to set the gearbox to E mode without having to configure the Individual mode to do so?
I have my individual mode set up to be identical to Cupra mode, but with suspension at stiffest setting and A/C on Eco and I don’t want to waste this configuration just so I can use E mode for the gearbox.
Is there a workaround?

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
I've not found it anywhere else, but anyone have any idea what gearbox E mode actually does?
It’s supposedly more economical than D.
You can actually feel that the gas pedal is a little more “numb” and hesitant to accelerate.
It makes the car feel rather slow and sluggish, but the use case for this mode is when driving to/from work in moderate/heavy traffic so that’s not an issue.

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Tried both, Comfort and Eco on individual (this is the only way to get it), no real gain in Eco so mine is permanently on Comfort for everyday driving.

Reactions: chris_louk

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
It’s supposedly more economical than D.
You can actually feel that the gas pedal is a little more “numb” and hesitant to accelerate.
It makes the car feel rather slow and sluggish, but the use case for this mode is when driving to/from work in moderate/heavy traffic so that’s not an issue.
Wouldn’t there be a temptation when in Eco mode to press the accelerator pedal harder to overcome that numb, dead feeling? If so, then there‘s a good chance any possible gains in fuel economy might be lost.

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
Wouldn’t there be a temptation when in Eco mode to press the accelerator pedal harder to overcome that numb, dead feeling? If so, then there‘s a good chance any possible gains in fuel economy might be lost.
I actually tried the E mode a few times and this is exactly what I ended up doing, just pressing the pedal harder and obviously the consumption did not improve at all 😅

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I actually tried the E mode a few times and this is exactly what I ended up doing, just pressing the pedal harder and obviously the consumption did not improve at all 😅
That’s what I‘ve read on some of the VW forums. I’ve personally never used Eco, and probably never will.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.