ECU Errors

LMSSML

Hi there !!!

I would like to know if anyone has cleaned ECU errors with VAG-COM and how to do it because I tried and when I went to a mechanic friend that has the same machine but with another software the error still remains.
The cabel I have it's the following

RS232 KKL OBD2 Diagnostic cable Volkswagen,Audi,Skoda,Seat

Description:
This diagnostic cable is usable for ISO9141 and KWP2000 transmission protocol like used for example by:

* Volkswagen
* Audi
* Skoda
* Seat

Features:
With this cable & the right software you are able to read/erase error codes and access all devices inside the car which are connected to the service bus. (Such as radio, airbag, dashboard, ABS, ECU, etc.) So it`s the perfect electronic diagnostic system to detect, locate and repair errors !

Specification:

* Connects to PC via RS232
* Working for ISO9141/KWP2000 protocol
* Cable is based on certified ISO9141 Bus Transceivers and RS232 level shifters
* 2 K-Line`s & L-Line (KKL Interface)
* Because of it`s 2 K-Line`s it can also communicate with devices on 2nd K-Line on very new cars like latest Audi model`s
* Bi-Colour status LED`s for both K-Line`s
* Powered from car battery over OBD2 connector
* Comfortable cable length of 2,00 metres

Remark:

1. This cable can not work if your car uses a protocol/bussystem like VPW, PWM or CAN-bus.
2. Terminal K = Bus of communication
3. Terminal L = Ignition for waking up car computing system (ECU: Engine Control Unit)
4. Existed 3 different protocols with same OBD2 connector incl. ISO/KWP, VPW, PMW
5. This K/L Diagnostic interface & cables work on ISO/KWP (Key Word Protocol) launched after 1996 only
6. Supported also ISO9141 protocol

So the problem it could be the cable or me that I'm newbie in these area

Thanks for the help that you could held.

Best regards

bellautos

What car do you have ?? What year is it ??

What Vagcom software version are you using ??

That cable is a old K line cable you may be need a newer cable that has got CAN

Last edited by a moderator:

gazjones

i know the new golfs and leons i belive are the can bus line but the mk4 ibizas are the dual kkl line!

LMSSML

Car

Hi there

Thanks for the support but my car is a Seat Ibiza 1.2 from October 2005 and the version of VaG-Com that I'm using it's Vag-Com 3.0.3.1

Thanks once more for the support being helded.

LMSSML

Clean ECu

Hi there people

For the tips that people gave to me i will awnser that my car it's with ignition turn on just the ignition that I don't need to start engine to enroll the software I think. So The next step that I would like to know it's how to clean the ecu errors.

Thanks for the help

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
LMSSML said:
Hi there people

So The next step that I would like to know it's how to clean the ecu errors.

With the old version of VAG-COM you are attempting to use, you have to go to the module, click on the Fault Codes button, the program will show the codes, then you should see a Clear Codes button which you should click to clear the codes.

-Bruce-
Ross-Tech, LLC

LMSSML

Fault of Knowledge

Hi there

When you say that I must go to my old version and I went for the Select Control Module and didn't find anything or related with Fault Codes or clear codes and next I went to Control Module Finder and again I didn't find anything only the complete scan to all modules and with a starting adress and ending adress .
Sorry about my fault of Knowledge but i'm new for this area.

Thanks for the help that all the people being helded.

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
ok, lets start at the begining.

plug cable in to lappy and car, run software.

turn ignition on (click before the startermotor comes in)

Click [Options] and select the correct communications port.

Use [Test] to confirm that the program can use the port and find the interface.

Then [Save].

if the above checks out ok then follow what Bruce has said in his previouse post as i am not farmiliar with the older versions

LMSSML

From the begining

Hello

Thanks for the help Chemical al but this step I just went through then the step that Bruce explains that's my problem something is missing or it's from me that I can't do the right choice.

Thanks for the help

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
That being the case, there is something not right with your VAG-COm program. Download version 311 from the Ross-Tech website and see if it will work. You seem to be having a problem with either the interface cable or with the version of VAG-COM you are running. 303 was replaced by 311. I think it best for you to install a new copy of VAG-COM.

If you bought from Ross-Tech and continue to have problems, email [email protected] to get futher help. If you did not buy from Ross-Tech, contact your vendor to get support.

I know of nothing else I can tell that might be of help.

- Bruce -
Ross-Tech