EGR Delete without Remap

Emberrs

May 9, 2018
Hi All, ive got an 06 leon fr tdi with the bmn engine that recently had a few emission related issues causing it to fail MOT ridiculously out of the legal limit. after some time at the garage it was figured out that it is most likely an egr issue, after being quoted 500 quid for a new egr and dpf clean i managed to convince the garage to fit a blanking plate to the egr instead. after it was installed it went through MOT no issues at all and virtually solved all of the issues i had previously with the car (lumpy and fluctuating idling, white smoke and strong fuel smell, jerking in 1st and 2nd gear on low revs). after giving it a few runs around town over the last few days ive seen no issues other than the engine shuddering a little when turned off (i assume due to a anti shudder valve in the egr) this doesnt really bother me but the only issue ive had is a engine management light for egr insufficient flow (obviously due to the egr being blanked). i was going to get it tuned out of the car but im starting a new job very soon that requires a lot of driving and there is no where around me that will do it without a full remap (for 300 quid) or within a month.

My question is, would an egr insufficient flow code caused by blanking off the egr without a remap cause any performance issues, my main concern would be the car randomly going into limp mode halfway in the middle of a journey 2-3 hours from home, anyone able to comment or have any experience on this?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.