"Electric drive not working correctly, please visit workshop".

LiamO

Sep 3, 2021
2021 e-hybrid MK4 Leon FR.

Started getting the above error message earlier this week which then disappeared for a few days but came back today. Message comes on as soon as the car is started but doesn't affect the drive in any way whether in hybrid mode or e-mode. Everything seems normal.

I was hoping it would be a random one-off but clearly not. Anybody had the same message? Not sure if it could possibly be software related or something more major. I thought maybe I'll just disconnect the battery for an hour until I lifted the bonnet and it looked like something built by SpaceX!

Really not a fan of the infotainment system either in this car and starting to miss my MK3 more. I turn off the "clima" straight away and it always comes back on whilst driving along with other little software bugs. The voice control keeps popping up whilst driving and with various software updates it's difficult to find certain settings.

The lane assistance really disturbs me and the inability to turn this off permanently (I know there are other means via OBD). This really is a dangerous piece of technology which I hate with a passion.

Sometimes on starting the car, maybe 1 in 10 times, it will start in hybrid mode and fire up the petrol engine despite having plenty of electric range. Not sure why this happens.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
2021 e-hybrid MK4 Leon FR.

The voice control keeps popping up whilst driving and with various software updates it's difficult to find certain settings.
Switch the wake word (Hola Hola) to OFF in the vehicle settings. I (and others) have experienced this since the A1896 OTA update. The message stops popping up but is still available from the wheel button.

Reactions: LiamO

LiamO

Sep 3, 2021
Just updating my own post in relation to my ongoing saga, for someone's future benefit. Finally found a garage that could actually look at the "electric drive not working correctly" message. They stated it is something to do with the EV battery coolant temperature sensor and basically requires a new "SX6" control unit. This has been ordered but they also need to order a special part apparently to fit it, so again, it will have to wait for another day. This car is seriously killing my annual leave allowance.

LiamO

Sep 3, 2021
Further update. Car has been with the garage for two weeks now. They took the main electric battery out, replaced the controller, still the error remains and they have no idea how to fix it. Seat Germany technicians are looking at it remotely but still unresolved. Electric is the future!........

Dec 5, 2022
Further update. Car has been with the garage for two weeks now. They took the main electric battery out, replaced the controller, still the error remains and they have no idea how to fix it. Seat Germany technicians are looking at it remotely but still unresolved. Electric is the future!........
Hi LiamO, I'm answering you from Italy I have a Cupra Formentor and we are in the same boat, I have the exact same problem as you.... It has been in the workshop for more than three weeks they tried to replace the high voltage battery control unit but nothing the error always reappears! I am going crazy I find it absurd that Cupra engineers can't figure out what is the cause of this error!

LiamO

Sep 3, 2021
Hi LiamO, I'm answering you from Italy I have a Cupra Formentor and we are in the same boat, I have the exact same problem as you.... It has been in the workshop for more than three weeks they tried to replace the high voltage battery control unit but nothing the error always reappears! I am going crazy I find it absurd that Cupra engineers can't figure out what is the cause of this error!
Thanks for the reply and sorry to hear you have the same problem. It still seems to be quite rare at the moment and like you say, they have no idea how to solve it. Let me know if they manage to fix your error. Cheers.

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
From our two year experience with a non-hybrid Seat Leon Mark 4 FR150 (now replaced with a Mark 3), I think the infotainment software and all its associated sensory inputs is leaving the service centres high and dry in terms of what they are able to do. They are totally dependent upon Seat (and, in turn, VAG group) to continue to remedy the software bugs. A sign of things to come as cars get ever more complex.

Reactions: LiamO

LiamO

Sep 3, 2021
Coming up to 2 months since my car went in for repair. I wonder how it's doing. I'm not really enjoying the Arona they gave me.....hopefully I'll get it back this year!

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Shocking you haven’t had a courtesy call in 2 months, my last directors in the garage banged on about customer service to maintain our standing in national ratings, now I do see the point, we were No1 in the UK two years running and in the top 3% worldwide, since I left, who knows.
I’d be on the phone weekly, and asking to speak to the service manger, general manager, now’s the time to be contacting Seat UK?

LiamO

Sep 3, 2021
The customer service has been shocking, never experienced anything as bad as this. Companies are great when everything is going smoothly. Called again a few days ago and asked for the manager to call me back. He didn't. Staff said they are still waiting for a tool! I've contacted Seat again with a view to sending the car back.

Reactions: KoNG

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
Definitely reject it. If, after 2 months, the garage cannot fix it then that should be grounds for rejecting it under the Consumer Rights legislation.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.