Electrical Anomalies

Manbearpig

Hi everyone. Love my Altea, but it's going back to the garage next week for them to look at some strange issues. :cry:

Recently its started blowing nearside front indicator bulbs, every two weeks. The cruise control refuses to work 10% of the time and most worryingly; the other day I heard the alarm going off, and when I went out to the car, all four electric windows had lowered themselves!! (No doubt the cause of the alarm sounding.)

It would be very useful to know if anyone here has had, or heard of, any of these problems before.

Cheers.

:help:

aceman

May 6, 2002
West Yorkshire
Visit site
Cruise control is a common problem and requires a new stalk fitting. I have heard of the windows problem before although I think it is fairly isolated, but as far as blowing the bulbs is concerned I have not heard of that one on the Altea although it does sound like the alternator may throwing out too much juice.

Hope you get them fixed soon and welcome to the forums.:wave:

Goblin

Haven't had cruise or alarm problems (yet) but my windows go down by themselves. Garage told me that this is a known fault to Seat and has to do with the drivers door module. I have had mine replaced twice and up to today the windows are staying up!!

Welcome you are not alone

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise