Electrical system short, batterydrain, wont start

Snowflake

Feb 23, 2013
Sweden
Hi all.

Got this ongoing problem with my Seat Alhambra -00 (engine AJH).
Intermittent problem. Sometimes when arriving to the destination, and standing still on idel, one can notice how something is happening somewhere. The lights (headlights, interior, dash) dims and the revs sinks as the engine load increases. My guess is that there is a intermittent short or glitch somewhere that results in this. About 1/2 times when one starts the car it fails to start. One can hear some clicks from the breakers inside the dash and it turns over a few times, then its dead. My guess is that this is when the "short" has been "on", either while it has been parked - draining the battery, or that its "on" when starting, grounding something somewhere making the spark and/or power to control systems so weak/low that it wont start.
Connecting a extra battery to jump start it makes it possible to start the car.

My guess is a short and/or glitch in the loom or some connector, but where?

Any of you have any tips of perhaps a common connector, joint or stretch of loom that is a popular fault location.

Down bellow is some faults from the engine.

engine

Faults count : 10

Sporadic fault : 16706 (P0322) - Engine Speed Sensor (G28): No Signal

Sporadic fault : 16500 (P0116) - Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor (G62): Implausible Signal

Sporadic fault : 532 - Supply Voltage B+ / Signal too Low

Sporadic fault : 1165 - Throttle Body Control Module (J338) / Control Difference

Sporadic fault : 16514 (P0130) - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Malfunction in Circuit

Sporadic fault : 1249 - Fuel Injector for Cylinder 1 (N30) / Short to Ground

Sporadic fault : 1250 - Fuel Injector for Cylinder 2 (N31) / Short to Ground

Sporadic fault : 1251 - Fuel Injector for Cylinder 3 (N32) / Short to Ground

Sporadic fault : 1252 - Fuel Injector for Cylinder 4 (N33) / Short to Ground

Fault : 561 - Mixture Adaptation / Adaptation Limit (Add) Exceeded

//Snowy

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members