Emocion Red...shiny..not metalic?

Seatowl

Apr 19, 2016
Just a quick one, the dealer that I ordered my fr from had the Emocion Red car on display,

Its extremely red to say the least, but is it non metallic paint?

If so how well does it hold up without fading.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Often get asked if mine is metallic funnily enough but had the equivelent to the Autoglym lifeshine applied from new and now just a wash with Mcguires shampoo and dry with microfibre towel and it gleams after 2 years.:D

Brady93

Jan 28, 2014
Worcestershire
I much prefer the flat emotion red, almost every car is metallic these days so I reckon flat is the new cool, the red looks incredible in the sun too, lovely colour!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Mine is nearly two years old and the paint is as good as the day I picked it up.

20160411_173939_zps4oijcruo.jpg

Seatowl

Apr 19, 2016
I don't think I'm taking the wait well... does look great

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Ditto for me too. Had it Diamond Brited when I bought it nearly 2 years ago and use the supplied shampoo and post wash treatment - still looks new (apart from the obligatory stone chips [:@] )

Mine is nearly two years old and the paint is as good as the day I picked it up.

20160411_173939_zps4oijcruo.jpg

MikeFr

Mar 3, 2014
I had an Altea in this red. I bought it a year old the original owner had it autoglym lifeshine treated.
I looked after it reasonably well not meticulously though, everytime I washed it is was always impressed how well it looked.
I was worried being red it might fade but I had the car 7yrs and it still looked good when I traded it in for my leon.
I would've got the leon in red but we wanted a change.

Porker3

May 17, 2015
The wife has a MkII around 5yr old and its still as red as when we bought it. They sorted the red pigment issue years ago. It wouldnt cross my mind on a modern car, its far more stable, even if not looked after all that well.

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester

My 2010 59 plate mk2. Have to say, the paint holds up well

I use Autoglym SRP or Poorboys blackhole Polish & Autoglym HD wax over the top.
It's also clay barred twice a year. I also use a machine polisher.

If you look after the paint with care & keep it protected, it'll be kept as nice as the day it left the factory.

Last edited: