Encoding travel assist on Arona FR Sport

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I have been reading the latest manual for the Arona and read that travel assist uses the acc and lane assist. Does anyone know whether it is possible to encode the travel assist function on a 2022 Arona FR Sport? I have optioned the safety and driving pack XL that includes acc and lane keeping system with traffic jam assist? My dealer has arranged for front parking sensors and a reversing camera to be fitted and encoded to the car.

Dudept

Nov 18, 2020
I have been reading the latest manual for the Arona and read that travel assist uses the acc and lane assist. Does anyone know whether it is possible to encode the travel assist function on a 2022 Arona FR Sport? I have optioned the safety and driving pack XL that includes acc and lane keeping system with traffic jam assist? My dealer has arranged for front parking sensors and a reversing camera to be fitted and encoded to the car.
U can encode ACC Lane of your car have the sensors needs

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9 Pro através do Tapatalk

Tell

Staff member
I always say for traffic jam assist you need a DSG. If it hasn't got a DSG it won't pick up from stationary or drop thru the gears to slow up and restart movement so will just be fitted just ACC and lane keeping if you got those options.

Old video but essentially it:

It's in my 2017 Ateca factory fitted automatic with lane assist and ACC. It's sort of there, no specific toggles over and above ACC and Lane Assist as I recall. It fools people who have the same car with the same safety features not knowing that they have it since its not brought out in the screens least in that model year. Conversation on Ateca board... oh yes I have it as well. But the DSG is the factor, no DSG and you won't have it and can't be done.

Sold as a set of safety features and depends whether you have bought it. They may have turned it off even if you checked the physical boxes for it if they decided to market it as extra, over and above, then it comes down to coding and whether that can be done or whether they have kept the keys for that. The Ateca you just got it at the time if you bought it. For reference attached launch MY17 Ateca price list with safety features. The super supreme safety feature with traffic jam assist is marked up with a (2), page 8, with DSG. You need to check your Arona price list for something similar and whether you bought it.

Page 8 from the MY17 Ateca price list:
20220209_093330.png

Does that explain enough ?.

Attachments

• AtecaMY17_Pricelist.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I always say for traffic jam assist you need a DSG. If it hasn't got a DSG it won't pick up from stationary or drop thru the gears to slow up and restart movement so will just be fitted just ACC and lane keeping if you got those options.

Old video but essentially it:

It's in my 2017 Ateca factory fitted automatic with lane assist and ACC. It's sort of there, no specific toggles over and above ACC and Lane Assist as I recall. It fools people who have the same car with the same safety features not knowing that they have it since its not brought out in the screens least in that model year. Conversation on Ateca board... oh yes I have it as well. But the DSG is the factor, no DSG and you won't have it and can't be done.

Sold as a set of safety features and depends whether you have bought it. They may have turned it off even if you checked the physical boxes for it if they decided to market it as extra, over and above, then it comes down to coding and whether that can be done or whether they have kept the keys for that. The Ateca you just got it at the time if you bought it. For reference attached launch MY17 Ateca price list with safety features. The super supreme safety feature with traffic jam assist is marked up with a (2), page 8, with DSG. You need to check your Arona price list for something similar and whether you bought it.

Page 8 from the MY17 Ateca price list:
View attachment 29812

Does that explain enough ?.
Hi Tell, the Arona FR Sport I have ordered is the 1.5tsi with dsg gearbox so I’m hoping it can be encoded 🤞

Tell

Staff member
Hi Tell, the Arona FR Sport I have ordered is the 1.5tsi with dsg gearbox so I’m hoping it can be encoded 🤞
Seat price lists and brochures have historically been a challenge. My reading of the Arona FR is that ACC is an option and so too is traffic jam assist, shown in the pages (attached) so if you haven't got ACC you'd have to get that but I pass on what can be done on the new Arona. Probably your best to trawl the Spanish boards on coding of the new Arona and any sister cars. I know here on the Leon 4 Obdeleven thread they have been busy changing steering wheels to get may be traffic assist. If you haven't bought ACC as an option you might have to get the switch gear.

I'd have a read to see what they have been doing with their steering wheel on that thread. I thought it was a bit dramatic when I read it. There is a preoccupation with a traffic assist button as I recall (I don't have that button, it just does it). Some research for you there.

Fools and angles and all of that.

Attachments

• v1_cars-models-pricelist-KJ7-NA-02-2022.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 176

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Seat price lists and brochures have historically been a challenge. My reading of the Arona FR is that ACC is an option and so too is traffic jam assist, shown in the pages (attached) so if you haven't got ACC you'd have to get that but I pass on what can be done on the new Arona. Probably your best to trawl the Spanish boards on coding of the new Arona and any sister cars. I know here on the Leon 4 Obdeleven thread they have been busy changing steering wheels to get may be traffic assist. If you haven't bought ACC as an option you might have to get the switch gear.

I'd have a read to see what they have been doing with their steering wheel on that thread. I thought it was a bit dramatic when I read it. There is a preoccupation with a traffic assist button as I recall (I don't have that button, it just does it). Some research for you there.

Fools and angles and all of that.
Thanks again for the information. I have ordered the Safety and Driving Pack (XL) that includes ACC, lane keeping sys and traffic jam assist. I have also ordered the reversing camera and front parking sensors that the dealer will be fitting and getting encode. They are going to speak to their coding guy to find out if he can do it so 🤞

Reactions: Tell

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Just as an update I collected the car on the 9th of April and it came with travel assist already fitted.

Reactions: Tell
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.