End of the road for my Boc

Bobanegra

Oct 15, 2010
Stirling
As of now I have about 5 or 6 weeks left in my Bocanegra.

I've accepted a new job and it makes more sense to take public transport as there's a train station within 5 minutes walking distance of both my flat and new place of work. It makes more sense to pay £10 per week in train fares than it does to pay that per day in parking if not more plus fuel. I could always get the train and keep the car but I really don't think it's worth spending that much money on a car I'll only use once or twice a week. Getting rid would mean I'd be saving hundreds of pounds per month but I'm going to miss the car, big time.

It's not all been rosey though, some of you may remember the 10 month on going battle I've had to get my car fixed since it got a botched service last December with, what I've only just recently been told was 'incompatible software'. SEAT UK's customer services have done all they can to help, they've had parts replaced, software upgraded etc etc so there's nothing that can be done to get it back to how it used to perform before the service. The keys will be getting handed back to the company I got it from (same people who serviced it [:@]), the finance plan I have with them getting written off and I'll never go anywhere near that company in future.

It's been a frustrating time as essentially the car hasn't been anywhere near as good to drive for half the time I've owned it so while I'll be glad to no longer have to deal with it I'll be disappointed as it's one of those 'what could've been' situations. When I first got the Boc, the first 12 months of driving it was nothing but a pleasure, it was after all my first Cupra after part exchanging from a Leon FR TDi and every time I got inside the vehicle I could've kept driving for miles; the responsiveness, the noise and the looks it got, I was proud to own it, to this day I have strangers in the street or in parking centres telling me how good it looks.

Who knows maybe if I keep that money I'm saving each month I'll put it towards a new one should my situation change but it just doesn't make sense to keep it. I did manage to get it a relatively good send off yesterday by taking it to the Ingliston Race Track in Edinburgh and putting it around there for a few laps, probably the most fun I've had in it since getting it serviced. :(

Gutted. :cry:

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Even though it's sad to see it go, I think you've made a very wise decision!

As you say, you'll be saving loads by not paying petrol, parking etc every week.

Congrats on the new job though. Stick around here!

Nov 23, 2010
Dunfermline, Fife
I've never heard of trains in this county costing so little!

That's v true. And I drive em!

Sorry to hijack your thread Bob. It us sad that u have decided to get rid of the boc, but it is only a car and you can get another. Are you from the Edinburgh area? Am over the bridge and cupra/bocs are like hens teeth.
Not seen many if any here.

Last edited:

Bobanegra

Oct 15, 2010
Stirling
Congrats on the new job though. Stick around here!

Thanks :) I plan to, I'll be keeping an eye on the new models coming out over the next year or so, big SEAT fan so won't let this experience put me off the brand.

£10 a week train fares? Wow thats cheap! £2 daily return!
Think we'd all get the train if it was that cheap.

Haha I know, it's literally only about 2 stops - I could walk it but that would involve... y'know... walking!

sorry about that mate... but yur gotta do what yur gotta do !! may be the next new model, hehehe

My thoughts exactly, this time off will let me save up for a deposit ;)

Are you from the Edinburgh area? Am over the bridge and cupra/bocs are like hens teeth. Not seen many if any here.

I'm from Glasgow, only ever seen 1 other Boc on the roads in the UK and that was only a couple of weekends ago crossing over Kincardine Bridge, I've been as far north as Elgin and as far south as Cardiff and didn't see any on my travels at all, very rare cars so glad to have finally seen another one before getting rid.

On saying that I've only seen a handful of Mk5 Cupras kicking about too, very exclusive club!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.