End of the Road...

minesh

Unfortunately due to other commitments I have to sell my LCR 225.
Where is the best place to advertise?

MightyMin.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
On here, Autotrader, PistonHeads could even have a trader advert on ebay.

Don't take up any of the con artists offers who will ring you up and say they can sell your car for £60-£80 and advertise it until it's sold. Car Data used to be one of them. They are all a con and a waste of money.

minesh

On here??
I though i read somewhere "dont confuse this as a place to sell your car" or something along those lines?

minesh

great il give it a shot now then and see if there are any takers... I just have to figure out how much its worth first... :$

minesh

Nope.. cant sell it here - cant access the "add new thread" page :(

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
i think the idea is to stop people joining the forum just to sell their cars....should be more than 10 posts really in my opinion.

bcstudent

Boost FTW
Apr 17, 2005
Norwich, UK
Surely it's good for the forum to have as many cars in the for sale section as possible? The first place I look when I'm interested in a new car is the the most popular related forums. Plus, if a buyer finds their car here then they're more likely to stay as part of the community IMO.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Surely it's good for the forum to have as many cars in the for sale section as possible? The first place I look when I'm interested in a new car is the the most popular related forums. Plus, if a buyer finds their car here then they're more likely to stay as part of the community IMO.

It's very easy to get 10 posts and then advertise your car on here (for free) even if its a heap of **** and you have contributed nothing to the forum.

People would look in the for sale section here believing the sellers to be active forum members who take an active interest in keeping their cars in good shape. If dodgy cars start getting advertised here...its a bad thing for the forum.

Just my humble opinion of course!

bcstudent

Boost FTW
Apr 17, 2005
Norwich, UK
Well, I guess that's a fair point. However, heap of **** or no heap of **** it may still brings more outsiders to the site...and that can't be a bad thing. It should be fairly obvious to any buyer that if the seller only has ten posts to his credit then he's unlikely to be a corner-stone of the scene!

minesh

Fair enough... but it did put me off so havent visited the site for a while.. I dont really have much to write about as I normally am happy with what I read from here as it is very comprehensive... anyway.. my car is still up for sale and I probably have made 10 posts by now..,. but obviously with the credit crunch im sure people wont be offering what they used to way back then... :$

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.