Engine Management Light - P1180 / P0135.

binbag

Oct 28, 2016
Northumberland
Hi,

What is the best website to find out codes P1180 & P0135.

I have 2003 Seat Cordoba 1.4.

If anyone can help very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Is the EML on the dash... or were you just scanning for codes? I've had P0135 logged since I bought the car a year ago. The oxygen sensor has a heater element to help it warm up quicker. With a fault in the heater element, means it takes longer to get up to temp and burns more fuel. But at £135 I was quoted just for the sensor, that's going to take a lot of wasted fuel to make that price. As for 1180... is it petrol or diesel, how many miles on the clock and when did you last change the fuel filter?

werhoz

Mar 12, 2014
www.facebook.com
Hello , I changed the catalytic converter on my 2002 Seat Ibiza 101hp recently and the mechanic scanned my car for the orange engine light I was getting. It came up with p0135 which he told me refers to the heating element of the oxygen sensor before the catalytic converter that is not working. It requires the change of the unit which after search on the net came up costing 60 euros for the part. I changed it myself, it wasnt too difficult as there are many diy videos around, but the light is still on. I was told it needs erasing through the obd port. Will get around to it in a couple of days.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise