Engine management systems

Oceansplasher

Mar 1, 2016
Hi Guys. Complete beginner at the start of my Leon FR Odyssey!! Can anyone confirm for me what the bhp of my car is and can I get an engine management system fitted that will improve performance. If so, which one, and who would fit it.

I know a lot of talk is made of DTUK products but are these for diesel cars and is there a petrol alternative?

I have a Leon FR Technology TSI 1395cc petrol engine. Registered in Sept 2015.

Any help appreciated.

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
Welcome!
I can't say what power you have but someone will I'm sure...
Look at the 'TDI Tuning' website, they do petrol as well as diesel. Bloody good kit in my experience.
If your car is the 150PS then you have a great engine.
That will go up to 185bhp (quoted). What ever the final figure is, it will put a smile on your face.
If you can, hold off tuning mods for a few weeks so you can get to know how the car feels when stock.
That way you'll get a true reflection of what the mods have done. If you can wait that is!

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

Last edited:

Oceansplasher

Mar 1, 2016
Thanks for info so far guys. So on TDI Tuning, it looks like I would need a QR8497 kit and it looks straightforward to install. I would like to hear from anyone that has done it and if it really does make a difference to performance. Is it really that easy to fit the tuning box?

Oceansplasher

Mar 1, 2016
Sorry to ask again, and it might seem repetitious but how do you/I know that it is 150bhp because the 1.4TSI has four bhp variants doesn't it? (120,123, 138 and 148 bhp) So how can I tell which it is? Where does it tell me?

Oceansplasher

Mar 1, 2016
My vehicle is a 65 plate so has 21/2 yrs of warranty left and will be serviced by the Seat dealer in my home town. Will the tuning box invalidate anything from Seat's warranty etc?

If I understand right I would have to remove all traces of the tuning box before it went in for its service at the Stealers and reattach afterwards, is that right?

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
Tuning boxes are not good for warranties! But they are easy enough to fit/remove. (Well at least my diesel one is). It depends on the location of the pressure sensors and how 'get-at-able' they are.
Give them a ring a speak to one of the engineers, they are a friendly bunch!

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Sorry to ask again, and it might seem repetitious but how do you/I know that it is 150bhp because the 1.4TSI has four bhp variants doesn't it? (120,123, 138 and 148 bhp) So how can I tell which it is? Where does it tell me?

Check on your V5, section 4. Should tell you in there what your power you have. ( in KW).
How have you insured it if you don't know what power it has? :confused:

Oceansplasher

Mar 1, 2016
Cheers Kazand. Yes it does. 110kw so that's 148bhp (as another member has already confirmed, but I just wanted to see if for definite) Didn't need to give them the power numbers, just the engine size.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
The 1.4 140ps and 125ps are the same engine as far as I know, probably just running different software. The 150ps Act is recognisable by extra electric wiring plugs attached to the top of cylinders 2 and 3 - I assume they're to do with the cylinder deactivation.

Oceansplasher

Mar 1, 2016
Ah Curtly, that makes sense. The car does have Act and I do like to see it when the engine goes into eco mode! Must be saving some fuel, running on two cylinders instead of four.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.