Engine sound when turned off

Jan 4, 2024
Netherlands
Hello everyone,

i was just on a drive in my mk3 seat leon cupra 300. And when i turned off the engine i heard a sound that ive never heard before. I contacted the guy where i bought it from, and he said that all of the cupra's make this sound. So here i am, trying to see if anyone else had heard this sound before when they turn their car off.

the sound heard, was inside of the engine bay when i opened up the bonnet. https://streamable.com/kvvhtr

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Yes I get a similar sound, I think it's the oil pump sending oil around the tubo to cool it down. Does it happen all the time or only when car gets up to full temp.

Jan 4, 2024
Netherlands
Yes I get a similar sound, I think it's the oil pump sending oil around the tubo to cool it down. Does it happen all the time or only when car gets up to full temp.
Oil temp was about 102 * celsius, and i drove it around softly to cool the engine down a bit, its the first time i actually checked the engine bay for sounds, i will see if i hear the sound again tommorow. So i geuss its a normal sound then?

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Oil temp was about 102 * celsius, and i drove it around softly to cool the engine down a bit, its the first time i actually checked the engine bay for sounds, i will see if i hear the sound again tommorow. So i geuss its a normal sound then?
I certainly get it when out on a track day (which gets the oil temp going) but to be fair that is the only time I listen inside the engine bay

Reactions: Ivan.043

andy2max

Feb 16, 2023
I’ve heard mine make that noise before although I can’t remember the circumstances. I wouldn’t worry to much. Each time I get a new car they seem to make more odd noises under the engine bay.

Reactions: Ivan.043

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
It's the water pump (and not the oil pump unfortunately), it's running for a while after turning off the engine to cool down the turbo.