Engine swap?!

tombo1984

Mar 15, 2018
Hello All,

Me again and I have had the head checked and it has s**t the bed.

Can anyone recommend any Petrol turbo engines that can be swapped straight in?

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
Hi tombo1984,

after 15 minutes of research I couldn't find any hint within your threads or posts, what engine your "1.6" is at all.
Diesel? Petrol? LPG? What construction year?

Check with your dealer whether a replacement engine (including installation) won't exceed the residual value of the vehicle ...
Sad but true, my former Altea blew it's engine after 13 years and even replacement with used parts, let alone a whole engine, would have been way too expensive because of labour costs.

tombo1984

Mar 15, 2018
Hi tombo1984,

after 15 minutes of research I couldn't find any hint within your threads or posts, what engine your "1.6" is at all.
Diesel? Petrol? LPG? What construction year?

Check with your dealer whether a replacement engine (including installation) won't exceed the residual value of the vehicle ...
Sad but true, my former Altea blew it's engine after 13 years and even replacement with used parts, let alone a whole engine, would have been way too expensive because of labour costs.
Thanks for you reply. I have since decided that it is a waste of time. also as you say it an expense and I that I am not that committed to bother. Spares and repairs when the MOT runs out :D