Expecting Twins - space, buggys and seats

Notleks

Mar 28, 2016
Think some of you already know but we are expecting twins in May, following last year's miscarriage. So buzzing as you can expect.

Does anyone on here run a mk2 leon with twins or 2 babies. Looking to see the following

1. what space is like In the boot with the double or 2 buggys
2. car seat reviews. Am thinking maxi cosi pebble
3. Do you recommend 2 kids in the back or one in front and one in the back both rear facing of course so the wife can monitor both.

No information is bad information so let me know. I appreciate all comments as I ideally don't want to change car with 2 little ones on the way.

Thanks.

t121anf

May 14, 2004
1. One buggy filled out boot, we had a Quinny Buzz 3.

2. We had a Maxi Cosi Pebble and then Pearl using the Family Fix base, simple and lasted well, survived the usual children mishaps (vomit etc). Defo recommend.

3. Two in the back, can't fit a rear seat in the front iirc, nor does the front have isofix from what I've read.

I would use anything not isofix for ease and making sure it's fitted right.

Good luck.

philc

Apr 12, 2009
Ormskirk
I have a double in mine as there's just over a year between our two. It's a britax b-agile double. Fits fine, but very little room for anything else.

Notleks

Mar 28, 2016
Philc thanks mate. Do u have any photos of the car with the 2 seats and possible buggy in the boot

JMF894

Jul 11, 2014
Norfolk
I'd say give it a go. Too many people panic sell/buy when they have kids. I managed for 5 years with three growing boys in the back of my mk1 Octy vRS. Yes the boot is a little bigger than a Leon and I didn't need two buggies at any one time but hopefully it gives you an idea.

Congrats and good luck!

t121anf

May 14, 2004
We jumped ship from our Ford Ka to the Leon due to the lack of space, but I know others who have continued on with small cars so it is do-able. Mate has twins and has a new shape corsa.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.