Facelift climate control on a Pre-Facelift

RichyFR

Jun 29, 2016
Tetbury, Gloucestershire
Hi, I've just put a facelift climate control in my 2006 FR. I removed pin 20 from Block A and put pin 16 in it's place as stated on another post.

It works, blows air etc but as soon as I put AC on it blows air for about 30 seconds and then it slowly dips off until nothing is coming out the vents. Turn AC off and the air comes out as expected.

Has anyone experienced this? Maybe the unit needs a reset?

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
What happens if you try to manually adjust the fan speed while the AC is on?

RichyFR

Jun 29, 2016
Tetbury, Gloucestershire
hi rusty.

Changing the fan speeds doesn't change anything. If I switch AC off I get instant air and if I switch it back on I get air at that speed for about 20-30 seconds and then it slowly stops. I can just hear the motor going but no air.

RichyFR

Jun 29, 2016
Tetbury, Gloucestershire
Climatronic Wiring
On A Connector (black) extract both; Pin 16 and Pin 20 and put Pin 16 on the place were Pin 20 was, leave the wire on Pin 20 loose (not connected to the harrnes) for later connect the Air Quality Sensor if needed.

If you have an older VW Model you will need this wiring change:
Motors in parallel:
On C Connector (brown): Pin 7 connected to Pin 10 and Pin 8 connected to Pin 9
On B Connector (black): Pin 6 to Pin 7

I read somewhere that if the air recirculation button doesn't work I need to change the pins around on blocks C and B. Now my air recirculation kills all fans.

RichyFR

Jun 29, 2016
Tetbury, Gloucestershire
Fixed it.

Block A
- Remove Pin 20 and tape it up
- Put Pin 16 in Pin 20's place.

Block B
- Remove Pin 7 and tape it up.
- Put Pin 6 into Pin 7's place.

Block C
- Remove Pins 9 and 10 and tape them up.
- Put Pin 7 into Pin 10's place and Pin 8 into Pin 9's place.

Then turn ignition on and do the Basic Setting by holding both the AC button and the 3rd button from the left on the top row for a few seconds. They should start flashing for around 20 - 40 secs and it is then complete.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2020
Fixed it.

Block A
- Remove Pin 20 and tape it up
- Put Pin 16 in Pin 20's place.

Block B
- Remove Pin 7 and tape it up.
- Put Pin 6 into Pin 7's place.

Block C
- Remove Pins 9 and 10 and tape them up.
- Put Pin 7 into Pin 10's place and Pin 8 into Pin 9's place.

Then turn ignition on and do the Basic Setting by holding both the AC button and the 3rd button from the left on the top row for a few seconds. They should start flashing for around 20 - 40 secs and it is then complete.
Hello, what was your old climate control?The climatronic with the display or the old one?Asking becouse i have bought this facelift control unit but my leon is with the old one unit without display.Does this wire system will work?

Waiissyy

Oct 20, 2022
Hello, what was your old climate control?The climatronic with the display or the old one?Asking becouse i have bought this facelift control unit but my leon is with the old one unit without display.Does this wire system will work?

hello was your climate control like this one? Did you manage to get it to work?
IMG_3303.jpeg

Apr 2, 2024
hello was your climate control like this one? Did you manage to get it to work?
View attachment 39760
Hello, i am trying to change it from this to the new climate control unit. I have bought the new climate control unit and disassembled the old one to see what i would need to fit the new one. The hardest thing to do is to change to go from cable flap direction change of the blower to the servo flap. If anyone can assist in providing info about if this could be done or not would be great. I am also aware that its hard to transfer from being non climate control unit to a climate control as i am not trying to do that only to change from the manual to the automatic one.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.