Facelift Headlights on Pre Facelift car

G5RBY

White Leon fr tdi k1
May 11, 2012
Stirling
Hey. Had a search of the forum and no luck :(
I have recently found out thanks to members on here that my K1 bumper is a facelift bumper. Unfortunatly my car is Pre FL. i know i have a couple of options on how to fix this.
I am thinking of going down the road of getting facelift headlights and fitting them. Has anyone done this and not had any problems. They will just be normal halogen headlights not projector lenses unless anyone knows of aftermarket FL projector headlights for UK car.
I am not sure if this will be a straight swap or not as i am not sure if the lights are a different shape at the wings or not? I am guessing the wiring will just be the same?
any information will be great. Thanks

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
I heard that facelift head lights won't fit in pre-facelift cars and vice-versa, regardless of the bumper you have since you actually take the bumper off in order to remove or install head lights.

G5RBY

White Leon fr tdi k1
May 11, 2012
Stirling
Aw vag-com? Am hearing mixed responces saying the lights won't even fit as they are different shape at wings. Need someone that has actually done it to make sure it's poss. Don't want to buy stuff for it not to work.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
im pretty sure that the Wings are the same, the bonnet, lights, bumpers etc are different though

same with the rear, the boot and light are difference but the bumper and quarter panel are same

G5RBY

White Leon fr tdi k1
May 11, 2012
Stirling
Went to dealers today and bonnet and wings are the same. So fl lights will fit on pre fl aslong as the bumper is the fl.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.