#FAMILYWAGON Cupra 290 ST build thread

leigh.saunders

Mar 31, 2019
Now with Rieger diffuser to keep those pipes looking normal!
4f75dcd1755052d1600b85a4d1860921.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

thatslowk1

Jul 30, 2021
This is going to be a right machine once it's mapped up with the new turbo - who are you taking it to for mapping?

leigh.saunders

Mar 31, 2019
This is going to be a right machine once it's mapped up with the new turbo - who are you taking it to for mapping?

Not sure yet, need the turbo and fuel pump fitted but it’s between NVM and Devil Developments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishbowlhead

Mk3 CupraST 280
Nov 20, 2020
I honestly think you should de sticker, de badge and have it as a sleeper killer of chav st’s. Not sure what bhp your going up to with the new turbo, 450? 500? But these mk3’s are totally unassuming sleepers.

leigh.saunders

Mar 31, 2019
I honestly think you should de sticker, de badge and have it as a sleeper killer of chav st’s. Not sure what bhp your going up to with the new turbo, 450? 500? But these mk3’s are totally unassuming sleepers.

It’s a fair point but its half the fun at work for me. I’ve always had some stickers on my cars so not seen the need to change. I do want a more brash outside instead of a sleeper but we’ll see

460ish is the aim or back it off for longevity is the aim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigbadjay

leigh.saunders

Mar 31, 2019
So, it's been a while since I was here.

I Recently blew the gearbox synchro and replaced the clutch as it was out. That was a week after I had the front shock changed and basic service done.

The chav stickers got removed and replaced with my companies one.

She's in dire need of getting the wheels refurbed or new alloys altogether as my main point of concern as it just ruins the whole look of the car. A clean and some pics to follow on the state of affairs.

Reactions: mjj4

mjj4

Sep 30, 2019
This is very cool! Did you buy estate specific racingline springs? I put a set on my ST from a hatch and it looks similar to yours, but the rear on mine is definitely lower than the front and I need to sort that. Is yours level? There aren't many side on pictures to reference! Also I'm going down the same sort of front brake setup as you, so would love to do the bigger rears. Did you get the rear discs and pads from vagbremtechnic or do you know what they're off of?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise