Feeling a bit frustrated!!!

TalVito

Dec 20, 2014
Had my leon for about a year and 4 months,
it is the 1.4 tsi manual FR with 122 HP.

going from 1st gear to 2nd is almost impossible, the gear lever just won't leave the 1st gear slot in order to go for 2nd, anybody had any experience with this??

Also came to realise that i have a lot! of understeer ?!?!

going thru roundabout at 35-50 Km/H it just slides out the turn,
really having trouble relying on the car.

also thought about going stage 1 with APR which should give about 40ish extra horses,
anyone had done this? any suggestions?

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
Some gear linkages need adjustment, mine's nice, but sounds like yours requires attention.

Understeer. Firstly check your tyre pressures, more recent cars have some very high recommended pressures. This can only be to make the fuel consumption look better IMO.

Mine when run at the recommended 2.5/2.3 (front/rear) had poor grip, and suspension struggled too, I nearly lost the back end at everyday driving speeds! Start off by reducing to the comfort settings (2.3/2.1 on my 1.4 FR SC Manual, so the same as yours).

I've settled on 2.2/2.0 and the car is much better for it. I'm confident that they aren't under inflated, previous A3/Golf's which I've owned have been as low as 2.1/1.9 on the same size tyre and they were heavier cars too. HTH

Last edited:

TalVito

Dec 20, 2014
I'm runing at the moment on 2.2 bar per each tire (front&rear) which translate to 32 PSI
(forgot to mention that i use metric system :p)
I'll try to deflate to 1.9 bar per tire and update.

also, what kind of rubber are you using?

thank you

Last edited:

s200rey89

Jan 21, 2016
North East England
Had my leon for about a year and 4 months,
it is the 1.4 tsi manual FR with 122 HP.

going from 1st gear to 2nd is almost impossible, the gear lever just won't leave the 1st gear slot in order to go for 2nd, anybody had any experience with this??

Also came to realise that i have a lot! of understeer ?!?!

going thru roundabout at 35-50 Km/H it just slides out the turn,
really having trouble relying on the car.

also thought about going stage 1 with APR which should give about 40ish extra horses,
anyone had done this? any suggestions?

How are your tyres? Tread level? And Make? I'm still running the Bridgestone as supplied from new which are a pretty awful tyre and until installing the tuning box (now approx 200bhp) I've never had any understeer problems, especially in the dry...so unsure as to why your car is acting this way??? I found the high tyre pressure recommended by SEAT is too high also, this won't help nor will too low a pressure...

Just my 2 cents...

s200rey89

Jan 21, 2016
North East England
Some gear linkages need adjustment, mine's nice, but sounds like yours requires attention.

Understeer. Firstly check your tyre pressures, more recent cars have some very high recommended pressures. This can only be to make the fuel consumption look better IMO.

Mine when run at the recommended 2.5/2.3 (front/rear) had poor grip, and suspension struggled too, I nearly lost the back end at everyday driving speeds! Start off by reducing to the comfort settings (2.3/2.1 on my 1.4 FR SC Manual, so the same as yours).

I've settled on 2.2/2.0 and the car is much better for it. I'm confident that they aren't under inflated, previous A3/Golf's which I've owned have been as low as 2.1/1.9 on the same size tyre and they were heavier cars too. HTH

Totally agree.....

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
...also, what kind of rubber are you using?

Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2.
225/45R17 91Y ie.17" wheels on mine which I found gave both a better ride and handling than the 18's, not huge differences but noticeable.

I quite like them, they suit the character of the car and the way I drive it. Namely they lose grip quite progressively so you get plenty of warning that the limit of adhesion is approaching. I've had fast cars, light cars, fast&light cars etc and don't feel the need to set fast lap times on my way to the shops any longer :whistle:. If I feel the need for speed then I'll get a bike out...