Few problems after a recent accident :(

gregorcupra

Nov 8, 2007
Paisley
My car has recently been in the bodyshop , having a new rear quarter panel and door resprayed.

Ive had a bit of bother with the whole thing , and really cannot be arsed taking the car back to them.

I have overspray on the boot of the car , not badly but enough to see in the right light.

What is the best way of removing it ?

I also have overspray on some black plastic trim , is there a chemical i can use to get that out because the plastic is textured ?

Finally, the interior trim panel has not been re-fitted properly , how exactly does it fit ?

Thanks
Gregor

ttothec

Apr 20, 2006
Reading
take it back!!

make them worry about getting rid of the over spray on the boot (might polish/buff off) and they should replace any plastic trim as i doubt u will get it off!!

u shouldnt have to suffer becasue they cant mask properly!!

also, did u claim off ur insurance? (is the body shop a insurance recommended one??)

I'd take it back personally... but if not try a clay bar as I've heard they're good for taking off overspray, failing that maybe a light rubbing compound like G3.

I'm not sure you should really be using things like that on freshly painted panels though so take caution.

Cup-R 1.8T

Try these ppl

You could try these ppl m8 theres not much they dont know about the sticky hard stuff on the outside of the car. [B)]

http://autopia.org/forum/guide-detailing/80225-polishing-paint-perfection.html

but.....

personally i would take it back and say that you didnt need any extra paint on the boot you only wanted it on the f****** bits that needed it! [:@]. Go mad m8 cause a fuss ask for the manager then they will soon get out the 3-d orbit sander and give it an over haul. The pastic is a bin job the paint they use is so hard that thinners which will eat the s*** out of the plastic will leave the paint behind gotta love 2paK paint. The over spray on the boot is 2paK it can only be removed by cutting it off with a 3-d orbit sander, i would only recommend that a Pro take the job on cz you can so easily cut the lot off.

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
take it back but if youve had your fill of the company take it to someone else get a proffesional opinion then go back to your insurance with the verdict, saying you dont wish to use them again, what alternatives do they suggest

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
take it back mate and get them to sort it.

My rear qtr panel and passenger door replaced by insurance a couple of years ago and I wasn't that impressed with the finish but never went back. Its started to rust up now so I went back to the garage yesterday and they are doing all the work again under warranty :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members