finally got some porsche calipers, now what!!!!

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
as said i have purchased som sexy looking porsche boxster s rear calipers for my 4 pot front conversion on leon cupra...

i have the mounting brackets coming with stainless hoses on order

how do i go about fixing properly, i know how to fix calipers, adaptors and hoses to, just bleeding the system im not sure on

anyone got an idiots guide to fixing this kit up?

cheers

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
porsche calipers are mounted the other way round if you look, leading the disk not following it, the rears lead the disc as per on the cupra calipers so the bleed nipples etc will be mounted facing upwards.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
the mounting kit is 215 quid including the lines from awesome gti.

theres a guy on here selling caliper mounts not including hoses for 120 delivered and hoses from badger bill come in at 55 ish, saving you 40 odd quid mate.

doncaster motor spares in doncaster have a set of rear boxster s calipers in red, need a little refurb but not too bad.

235 for both...

so total, 400 quid plus pads for a 4 pot brake setup

dannyFR+tdi

Mar 4, 2008
St.Helens, Merseyside
Do you know who sells the mounts mate? Id only be doing this early next year as ive ordered golf anni rears and was going to just paint my new front carrier and old caliper red for now as also need 2 new tyres and wont have the cash till jan now

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
nah dont paint it red mate, looks like you have brembos then and you dont...save the tin of hammerite and put the cash towards your carriers and calipers.

pm you the guys name, dnt want to advertise on the forum, get a beating mate

dannyFR+tdi

Mar 4, 2008
St.Helens, Merseyside
Ill have a look on there now, Could be worth going abit into the overdraft for

Thats the only reason was going to clean and paint the standard calipers until get some boxter ones, Thought it would look odd and wrong

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise