Finerdetails of LC TDi Platinum

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
Thanks to Steve for taking the day off work and making the trip North (even if he did over estimate the time needed to trvael and was sat in Tescos cafe from 6am having breakfast:D ).

Here's the Leon on arrival:

ee121f98.jpg

ee122097.jpg

ee121f37.jpg

Whilst the car appeared to holding a fairly decent shine, the swirls could be seen under the layer of dirt it was wearing
ee121f46.jpg

First job, out with the Karcher, and gave it a good clean off, making sure the under arches got a good clear out. I then sprayed the arches and alloys with APC, and left to soak.
Using the two bucket method, I washed the Leon, top to bottom, and Steve rinsed it off. I then cleaned the alloys, inside and out using a wheel brush and sponge. Steve rinsed the alloys and arches down with the hose and trigger.

Next up, using DP clay I showed Steve how to clay the car, and using the foam gun attachment to deliver and spread lubrication. This was the first time, the car and Steve had siince the impact of using a clay bar. Once fully clayed, rinsed and dried down, Steve moved the car into the garage so we could have a closer look at the paint work. I sprayed a dressing onto the arches to leave to dry while we completed the paintwork.

The paint was in good condition, very few scratches and dinks, but the swirling was a worry.
ee121e82.jpg

ee121e58.jpg

ee121e36.jpg

I started out with a polishing pad and XMT ultra fine SR. Nope, next was the Polishing pad and Pinnacle Swirl remover. Better, but not satisfactory. Finally, after jumping and swapping, I used Pinnacle Advanced Swirl remover and a Cutting Pad to remove the swirling. After the ASR, I followed up with the SR, and then the Ultra fine SR to achieve:

ee121e14.jpg

ee121dd5.jpg

Once fully de-swirl, Steve had a go with the PC, applying a layer of Pinnacle Advanced Finihsing Polish to his car, I followed round wiping off the residue for him. With this done, I used a finishing pad to apply the Wolfgang Sealant.

Whilst the Wolfgang cured and bonded Steve applied Megs #20 to the alloys, I used Megs NXt metal polish on the tail trims, and we then used DP glass renovator and the PC to clean up the exterior glass.

I then wiped clean the Wolfgang and alloys and treated the tyres to Optimum Tyre Shine.

Last stage was a layer of DP Maxwax. I demo'd how to use this first, and the results, then Steve applied to the car, and I followed round once it had hazed, removing the residue.

The results after 6 hours?

ee1223b5.jpg

ee122288.jpg

ee1221c3.jpg

ee1221a8.jpg

ee1220d5.jpg

the full shots:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid209/p16ae2256bc6d5c124de953e344e6c3aa/ee122322.jpg[/img]
ee1220aa.jpg

ee122198.jpg

Here's the proidcust used, less the DP clay, and PC and many many pads
ee121d20.jpg

Thanks to Steve for making the trip, and not knocking on my door at 6am!

Stephenpalm

:funk: Hi Iain, I really didnt mind at all, I would like to thank you once again for a great job and a fantastic day.
Look after my sandwich box mate lol,

Maler

That would be me on Saturday. Really looking forward to it.

I hope I get as good results as those above.