First Official Pictures Leaked (Unverified)

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
On auto express they appear to be refering to it as the Mk5? Have i missed something here, shouldnt it be 6?

"Smart new Mk5 SEAT Ibiza supermini is based on the MQB platform and is set to arrive in July"

because the mk2 facelift is considered as mk3 here.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
SEAT are in denial. It is technically the MK6. M0rk can explain it better than me.

Scott

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The Mk2 Ibiza (6K), launched in 1993 was that.. It was facelifted in 1998
The Mk3 Ibiza (6K2), which SEAT call the Mk2 facelift, was launched in 2000. But since it was significantly different (as in a similar, but not 'the same' bodyshell), and not just a facelift, it was dubbed at the time as the Mk3.

And that.... was that.

Nick2016

Sep 17, 2016
Anybody seen an pictures of the boot/hatch area? The numbers are high but is the space usable? Or is it some strange shape?

In other words can it take two large suitcases? Or would a person be lucky to fit two carryons?

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
Nefarious deeds

Anybody seen an pictures of the boot/hatch area? The numbers are high but is the space usable? Or is it some strange shape?

In other words can it take two large suitcases? Or would a person be lucky to fit...?

Probably but you'd have to fold them before the onset of rigor mortis.

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
lets be realistic...

most of them will look like this:

C4FB9H-W8AAf-G1.jpg

C4FB9H8WAAQLZvd.jpg

C4FB9H_W8AENzwz.jpg

Julio

Nov 20, 2016
Manchester
I think even the basic one above looks great. I guess those photos are from the Seat press event, very confident of them to have a car park full of it's current competition to compare it against!

Interesting that they've dropped the 3-door version. I know some manufacturers are going down that route as they don't sell as well as 5 door models (Clio, Micra, Focus, Megane, Astra) and it keeps costs down, but I always thought there was enough 3 door Ibiza's to make it worth while. Makes you wonder if they'll do another Leon SC?? The SC range in the UK has already been streamlined to just the FR and Cupra...

steveemacz FR

Dec 23, 2016
Manchester
I think even the basic one above looks great. I guess those photos are from the Seat press event, very confident of them to have a car park full of it's current competition to compare it against!

Interesting that they've dropped the 3-door version. I know some manufacturers are going down that route as they don't sell as well as 5 door models (Clio, Micra, Focus, Megane, Astra) and it keeps costs down, but I always thought there was enough 3 door Ibiza's to make it worth while. Makes you wonder if they'll do another Leon SC?? The SC range in the UK has already been streamlined to just the FR and Cupra...

That is quite a strange one, not too market a 3 door Ibiza. Half of all Ibiza's I see on road in the U.K. are the 3 door SC versions.They're £500-£1000 cheaper than the 5 door equivalent. It would make sense to keep this on market, especially for the Ibiza.

Julio

Nov 20, 2016
Manchester
That is quite a strange one, not too market a 3 door Ibiza. Half of all Ibiza's I see on road in the U.K. are the 3 door SC versions.They're £500-£1000 cheaper than the 5 door equivalent. It would make sense to keep this on market, especially for the Ibiza.

I agree, I wonder if we'll see a 3 door next-gen Polo or A1? The A1 especially seems it was originally launched as a 3 door only car.

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
Am I the only one who doesn't think the new look improves on the current one? Apart from you guys the predominant response seems to be indifference. :shrug:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.