Fitted some new Osram SilverStars...

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
...the best £40 I have spent :D

They have transformed the lighting of the car to a brilliant white and far extend the capabilities of the lights to almost xenon rivalling.

I've always preferred white lights to blueish tint blubs and these look dead good.

I noticed people get out of your way sooner on the mways as well as they think its a larger more powerful car. The blue sidelights I got free also add a touch of class.

I got them from AutoBulbs Direct (web is www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk) but collected from Romsey. They are a dead friendly bunch and gave me some free ICE blue sidelights.

I would say to anyone who does a lot of night/motorway driving to switch to the Osrams.

You need H1 and H7s for the SilverStars and 501s for the sidelights :)

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
Sounds like they are better than both the phillips vision plus and philips blue vision (ive tried both and they were both crap)

stuart_hatch

Poor Student
Aug 28, 2005
Glasgow
Faie enough, but when you do upgrade you will be amazed, another cheaper option is to get some projector headlights (£130 on ebay) these give 30% more light

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
I also considered the projector lights... but struggling to find a set which doesn't have angel eyes (look tacky IMO)

samm

Oil be back!!
Nov 5, 2003
Horsham
sammullahy.50megs.com
Hello all, I want to replace the bulbs on mine and have had a look on the website above. My question is I suppose I have to buy both a pair of H1 (main/high beam) and a pair of H7 (low/dipped)? :confused:

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
to get the full benefits I would defo swap both bulbs. Last night on a ahem quiet drive :p down some country roads it was nice having a crisp light that really lit the way. I've driven the road on both standard bulbs and osrams and the difference is much more in that scenario than on motorway driving where imho it matters more.

Make sure your headlights are always clean though as the salt/road muck really dims the colour of the lights as I found out last night :p

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.