Fitting a FMIC 1.8 AUQ.

paulos44

Mar 11, 2013
Warwickshire
Hello there....i am a bit confused about the routing of the pipework regards fitting a FMIC.Imagining looking from the front of the car,i can see that the left hand side of the intercooler needs to be piped to the inlet manifold.Its the routing of the right hand side pipework that is confusing me and actually where to connect it to.Whats that big steel pipe immediately behind the engine for?Its about 2 1/2 inches in diameter and has a couple of rubber pipes going into it....do i connect to that somehow? Also, on the current SMIC, there is an electrical sensor mounted in the top of the outlet.What am i supposed to do with that?
P.S.....my car is a 2004 Toledo 20vt which i assume is the same under the bonnet as the equivalent Leon.Cheers.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
The search button is a useful button, brings you a whole host of answers to most questions.
But have a look here might help you might not..
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=349719&highlight=fmic+fitting

That links not the Wellycooler though just a Toyosport kit.
Here's a guild to fit that. If you read through the HOLE thread you'll find a link with all the info to fit one to your car. :)
For Wellycooler fitting http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=363310

Last edited:

paulos44

Mar 11, 2013
Warwickshire
Still cant see how you connect to the charge pipe(turbo) and there is also the issue of the sensor at the top of the original SMIC......

slimwiltaz

Sep 5, 2012
Ive just fitted a fmic on my leon cupra. I went for the outlet and inlet on the same side and only went as far as the pancake pipe so cant help with attaching to the turbo, but as for the map sensor forge do a map sensor pipe that you can just add to your pipe work and the sensor screws right in. 40 pound I paid.

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Ive just fitted a fmic on my leon cupra. I went for the outlet and inlet on the same side and only went as far as the pancake pipe so cant help with attaching to the turbo, but as for the map sensor forge do a map sensor pipe that you can just add to your pipe work and the sensor screws right in. 40 pound I paid.

You used a twinpass FMIC then?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.