Fitting Cupra bumper to a Leon FR 1.8 TSI MK3, now I need exhaust system help!

RuggedSeat

Aug 3, 2017
Europe
Hi, i have a (MK3, 5F, 2014-2015)
Seat Leon FR 1.8 TSI 180PS with DSG7 and it is multilink rearaxel as the Cupra, GTI etc... It's not tuned at the moment, stock right now but in time probably that will change.

The car is at a SEAT Workshop and geting repaired right now because a car crashed in to my car from the behind so the rear bumper got injured and needed replacement.

So they are going to change the rear bumper from the stock Leon FR bumper to an Leon Cupra bumper at my request.

FR bumper and Cupra bumper are practically the same visually except...

FR bumper = dual exhaust only on the left side.

Cupra bumper = dual exhaust except one tailpipe on each side... plus diffuser on the center if you can call it that i guess.

I HOPE i can make myself clear because english isn't my main language!

So I like the Cupra bumper alot more because of one exhaust on each side.
But the Seat Workshop wont change exhaust system for me, they will still fit the original FR exhaust wich is twin pipes on the left side only which i need to get a solution to.
So any suggestions and answers are welcome!

I would completly like to change the exhaust to an aftermarket with either quad pipes (like Golf R) or like genuine Cupra tailpipes. Then i get the esthetics and sound... No sewing machine as of now.
Only problem is an cat-back exhaust is really expensive and i cant pay ~ 1000€ for an exhaust as of now.

So i have had some ideas about buying an used MK7 GTI/R or Cupra exhaust (maybe only the rear part w/ tailpipes only and cut my exhaust and fit whichever i can get a hold of the cheapest at the moment. But even that ain't so easy to find.

But here in Sweden it's easier to find VW Golf GTI / R exhausts than it is to find Cupra exhausts/parts. Specially if It's secondhand.

Thats why i wonder if a GTI or maybe even R silencer with tailpipes will fit the Cupra bumper straight away?

Does anybody know if the tailpipes width, from the left tailpipe to the right tailpipe on these models the same as the Cupra bumpers tailpipes holes?
1. Golf GTI
2. Golf R
3. Audi S3
They all MQB-plattform...

As of now with the stock exhaust on the 1.8 TSI FR i have one large and pretty long silencer at the front then the other one is on the rear with the tailpipes. I dont have the third middle silencer one on the "bend" like a Cupra.

I actually would like to get some nice sound also (because this will probably only give me esthetics) but i am thinking maybe i can solve that with a straight pipe later by removing the first big silencer so i only have the rear silencer where the tailpipes are so i can maybe get some "crackles" and "DSG farts" but rather without any drone :)

But the main thing here is if i can buy some of the other VAG modells used exhaust.
Will it fit my wanna be Cupra? :)

The sad thing is i got a really nice exhaust from my previous car but it wont fit the Seat due to the rear silencer with the dual exhausts L/R is to thick and not like VAGs flat panncake silencer .

It's a REMUS cat-back dual exhaust system which is just sittning in my garage that i have.
It's for BMW 1-series F20. If the rear silencer was thinner it would fit but... It's not.

I hope you guys understand what i mean and sorry for the long text.
I appreciate any help, advise or maybe if you have some exhaust for sale we can discuss about it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.