Flashing Glow Plug light & EML

Aug 24, 2020
Hi all, I have a 2014 Leon 1.6tdi with 50k on clock. Recently the glow plug warning light started flashing, I turned engine off and restarted it and it stayed off for a week or so, now I get glow plug flashing then engine management light. The car still drives perfectly ok. Not all the time but sometimes I can restart engine and it goes off again!! I have had it briefly looked at and was told given an error code of P308D which I believe is low fuel pressure?? Also thrown into the mix I have very occasionally started getting start/stop error on the dash. Again though the stop start function is still working fine. Any help is much appreciated

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
Possible tired battery maybe? I know stop/start hammers the battery and stops working if your battery's tired. Turn the key to accessory and immediately hold down the trip button. Let go when it says battery and it will show you the battery status. A quick google suggests P308D is 'Fuel pump (FP) control - engine rpm too low' which is possible if a tired battery isn't spinning the engine fast enough on start up.

Aug 25, 2020
I have had this same problem for the past 3 years with my 2012 Ibiza Ecomotive. Flashing coil light randomly comes on sometimes accompanied by the engine management light and a low fuel pressure fault code. I have tried new glow plugs and a new fuel rail pressure sensor, unfortunately these have not worked. It looks like it could be a fault with one or more of the diesel injectors ☹️