Flip key

TJenkos

Feb 12, 2009
Derby
Could anyone guide me as to what model flip key I need for my MK3 Cupra?

The standard key says 'SIEMENS 433.92mhz'...

I assume I just need to buy a blank key and chipset then have it programmed? How much is a programme going to cost roughly?

Thanks

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Yup if you search you'll find tonnes of information. But as a little piece of advice the key you need is from a SEAT Alhambra. Part no. 7M3 959 753

Frequency is 433.92mhz and it's made by Siemens.
No other key will work!

TJenkos

Feb 12, 2009
Derby
Yeah, Ive searched before but only found a load of contradicting posts...

I think I understand it now sifting through 20 odd pages.. however there aren't any Alhambra keys on eBay anymore!

Jan 13, 2010
UK
just buy the flip key mate get the key cut and your transponder/chip transferd from old key to new key, no need for re programming

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
just buy the flip key mate get the key cut and your transponder/chip transferd from old key to new key, no need for re programming

Yep swapping the transponder is the easiest way to get the key to work. He'll still need an Alhambra key though - no other key operates on the same frequency to lock and unlock the doors. And the key will need programmed to the car so it will actually lock and unlock the doors, however this is really easy and is described in the owners manual.

alex_cupra09

now owner of mk3 cupra
Mar 12, 2009
Nantwich
like said above use the key from a seat alhambra thts wat i use on mine just had the key cut and swapped the chip over myself and works perfect

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members