Folding Mirrors Park position

andy519005

Aug 2, 2015
Until recently when I held down 'lock' on key fob, mirrors folded and windows closed, and on unlock mirrors reset & windows would go down if unlock held. Now this feature has stopped working without any changes in set-up menu. Also- maybe coincidence, I'm pretty sure wipers gave a single sweep a few seconds after a wash/wipe. This has also stopped working.

Any ideas??

Villers

Billy Villain
Apr 12, 2014
Cumbria
www.horizonwatches.com
This is interesting. If you hadnt mentioned the windows my suggestion would have been to check the position of the mirror selector switch. I hope someone has experience with this.

On the same note though, my FR stopped activating the autolocking feature, the one that activates when you go over a certain speed. Dealer gave me the usual rubbish 'I dont think yours does that' 'they all do that' 'never heard of that' etc, Id only been driving it 12 months so I think I know what it does and doesnt do. Anyway, checked all the settings and nothing had changed and theres only me who drives the car. Out of the blue I pull away from a set of lights on the way home from work and 'clunk' the doors autolock! Weird gremlin canbus stuff. About 2 months of not working then back to normal.

Id suggest a spell on the diagnaustic machine. It hasn't been serviced recently has it?

Last edited:

andy519005

Aug 2, 2015
Yes- service a couple of weeks ago. but I think it was OK for a few days after. Anyway- trip back to dealer needed
THX

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Until recently when I held down 'lock' on key fob, mirrors folded and windows closed, and on unlock mirrors reset & windows would go down if unlock held. Now this feature has stopped working without any changes in set-up menu. Also- maybe coincidence, I'm pretty sure wipers gave a single sweep a few seconds after a wash/wipe. This has also stopped working.

Any ideas??

I had the mirror issue. It randomly stopped folding the mirrors with a long lock press. The car solved the problem itself after 3 days. It still to this day has be puzzled.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I have had this happen a couple of times, somehow the system gets out of sync and stops folding mirrors/closing windows on the long press. Resetting the windows fixes this and is in the manual, basically you open the front window to full but hang on to the switch till it clicks, then fully close and wait for click again, now do the other window the same and now the long press should work the mirrors/windows again. I have also noticed that when the windows need to be reset the red flashing led for the security system stays fully lit for about 30 secs before the usual flashing begins.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise