Formentor 1.5 TSI DSG after 12 months

pivko11

Jun 9, 2022
So, a small post after one year of ownership, with some questions and comments;

As already stated, I have a 1.5TSI DSG in Desire Red colour. I have covered 12.000 miles (18.000km).
When I bought the car a year ago, there was already a long waiting list, so I chose a car that the dealer ordered for their own supply.
Standard equipment + Business package, unfortunately no android auto.
As a faithful Seat owner, dealer gave us a 9% discount on the sticker price for any Seat or Cupra, which was nice. Also, the price has gone up in the last year about 5-10%.
We started with looking at the Seat Ateca with manual gearbox and ended up with the Formentor DSG after my wife took it for a test drive :)

A weird thing was that the serial number ends in 004xxx, so it is basically one of the first cars from the factory, but the production of Formentor started long before mid last year. I am guessing maybe the car had a faulty something, and waited for a replacement part before being completed and exiting the factory.
I only noticed this after a month of ownership.
Also, the infotainment version was 1804 (now updated to A896) which is quite new for a VIN that is basically from 2020.

I had one issue with the infotainment, and that is that it did not start on one occasion, the screen was blank, with intermittent RGB flickering every 20-30 seconds. Interesstingly, it did respond to input... if you pressed on the correct place, it changed the values of A/C, but you could not see anything. After a longer stop everything was fine and this never happened again.

I also have an issue with some weird noise coming from the front suspension. When backing up, or turning into a slow tightening corner with the brakes on, I can hear some clicking and clanking from the suspension. This one is pissing me off, it is not loud, but I feel like I am driving a golf mkII... I am having it checked soon as I need to replace the cracked windshield.

Besides that, I love the car. It is comfortable, runs OK, gearbox is fine but could be a bit quicker and the car just looks great.
Fuel consumption is cca. 8 L/100km... Could be worse.
I miss the illumination for the A/C controls, low wiper fluid warning and a USB-A connector.

I recently ordered some screen shades for rear windows. They fit great and really help blocking the sun from the rear.

Can anyone explain how to remove the glovebox to replace the cabin filter? Found a youtube video for some Seat, and it should be the same, but I push those side pins on the glovebox really hard and it won't open. I have a feeling if I push harder that I will break them...

Happy to answer any questions :)

P

Reactions: Eryas and Andy.M

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Regarding the glovebox, they took quite a bit of bending to release when I installed my dashcam. Get some trim tools and use them to go between them.

Reactions: pivko11
Mar 20, 2023
So, a small post after one year of ownership, with some questions and comments;

As already stated, I have a 1.5TSI DSG in Desire Red colour. I have covered 12.000 miles (18.000km).
When I bought the car a year ago, there was already a long waiting list, so I chose a car that the dealer ordered for their own supply.
Standard equipment + Business package, unfortunately no android auto.
As a faithful Seat owner, dealer gave us a 9% discount on the sticker price for any Seat or Cupra, which was nice. Also, the price has gone up in the last year about 5-10%.
We started with looking at the Seat Ateca with manual gearbox and ended up with the Formentor DSG after my wife took it for a test drive :)

A weird thing was that the serial number ends in 004xxx, so it is basically one of the first cars from the factory, but the production of Formentor started long before mid last year. I am guessing maybe the car had a faulty something, and waited for a replacement part before being completed and exiting the factory.
I only noticed this after a month of ownership.
Also, the infotainment version was 1804 (now updated to A896) which is quite new for a VIN that is basically from 2020.

I had one issue with the infotainment, and that is that it did not start on one occasion, the screen was blank, with intermittent RGB flickering every 20-30 seconds. Interesstingly, it did respond to input... if you pressed on the correct place, it changed the values of A/C, but you could not see anything. After a longer stop everything was fine and this never happened again.

I also have an issue with some weird noise coming from the front suspension. When backing up, or turning into a slow tightening corner with the brakes on, I can hear some clicking and clanking from the suspension. This one is pissing me off, it is not loud, but I feel like I am driving a golf mkII... I am having it checked soon as I need to replace the cracked windshield.

Besides that, I love the car. It is comfortable, runs OK, gearbox is fine but could be a bit quicker and the car just looks great.
Fuel consumption is cca. 8 L/100km... Could be worse.
I miss the illumination for the A/C controls, low wiper fluid warning and a USB-A connector.

I recently ordered some screen shades for rear windows. They fit great and really help blocking the sun from the rear.

Can anyone explain how to remove the glovebox to replace the cabin filter? Found a youtube video for some Seat, and it should be the same, but I push those side pins on the glovebox really hard and it won't open. I have a feeling if I push harder that I will break them...

Happy to answer any questions :)

P
Did you have the noise on front looked at. My car was also built for us and is less that 1 year old. When i go around a round about or tight corner i hear a knocking noise from front driver side (RH). I am already at logger heads with garage as I have a scraping noise when i break and my screen keeps resetting itself not to mention it had to have a complete gear box change at 5 months old!

pivko11

Jun 9, 2022
Did you have the noise on front looked at. My car was also built for us and is less that 1 year old. When i go around a round about or tight corner i hear a knocking noise from front driver side (RH). I am already at logger heads with garage as I have a scraping noise when i break and my screen keeps resetting itself not to mention it had to have a complete gear box change at 5 months old!
Yes I did. I am not sure if I will translate it correctly, but I think it was the silent blocks. Apparently they only needed some additional greasing.
But in my case the sound was quite frequent. The mechanic (actually the service advisor, not sure if you call it like that) entered to car so that we go for a test drive so that he can hear it. He turned the steering while stationary and he heard it immediately, so no test drive was even necessary.
Besides that, no problems, except from the ocassional restart of the infotainment after recent updates.

P

Mar 20, 2023
Yes I did. I am not sure if I will translate it correctly, but I think it was the silent blocks. Apparently they only needed some additional greasing.
But in my case the sound was quite frequent. The mechanic (actually the service advisor, not sure if you call it like that) entered to car so that we go for a test drive so that he can hear it. He turned the steering while stationary and he heard it immediately, so no test drive was even necessary.
Besides that, no problems, except from the ocassional restart of the infotainment after recent updates.

P
Mine does that too on occasions. The engineer heard it but they tole me they couldn't find any problems yet it is still making the noise. I am also having issues with the infotainment, it keeps restarting itself or freezing. I am now also waiting for my parking sensors replaced :(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.