Formentor Drop Links

Oct 18, 2021
Hi,
So I discovered a 'Tapping Noise' whilst driving on slightly uneven roads, I can only eplain the noise as if it were 2 small pieces of thin metal tube clinking together.
I had it into the dealers for approx 2 weeks where they removed the dash to see if it was behind there. All come to all they said it was something on the suspension, they replaced what they thought it was. I picked up the car and drove it for a few days on the same daily commute noise free.. As I did the commute home yesterday the noise reappeared. Its going back in in a few weeks. I personally think its the drop links ( I had the exact problem/noise on a new 2018 Golf GTD, which turned out to be the drop links )
I did challenge Cupra who said the drop links were definetly not the problem.
Has anybody else had the same issue?
The Formentor was registered Jan2021 ( V1 )
Cheers

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Interesting. I had to google drop links to see what they were (language and all that) :ROFLMAO: I just changed them in my old car (Saab 9-3 from 2008) before I sold it.
Never had noise from them though. I would imagine that would take quite a bit of wear?

Anyways, unless it's become significantly more complex on these newer cars, it's a really fast and cheap operation. If the dealer refuses you could give it a go yourself - it's not much harder than changing wheels.

Oct 18, 2021
Interesting. I had to google drop links to see what they were (language and all that) :ROFLMAO: I just changed them in my old car (Saab 9-3 from 2008) before I sold it.
Never had noise from them though. I would imagine that would take quite a bit of wear?

Anyways, unless it's become significantly more complex on these newer cars, it's a really fast and cheap operation. If the dealer refuses you could give it a go yourself - it's not much harder than changing wheels.
Fortunatley for me the car is still under warranty so Seat foot the bill :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.