Formentor DSG box Replaced after 6 weeks old

Jonouk1

Formentor V2 190
Aug 1, 2015
Bradford
Cupra Formentor V2 190 4drive, DSG gearbox replaced after 6 weeks old 1.3k miles
Fault code = P175E00 - Clutch Pack one Fault, TPI for new TCM

from what the VAG Technician told me it basically needs the gearbox to be replaced, its the Electronic control box which is faulty but it's inside the actual gearbox so it's easier to just swap the entire gearbox, currently in at dealers being sorted not been told when it will be ready but hopefully not long.
The communication from the dealers seems almost none existent I've found, unless you hound them nobody gets back to you (that's my experience anyway)

Jonouk1

Formentor V2 190
Aug 1, 2015
Bradford
I kept getting "Gearbox error, stop immediately" in red, then it would change to "gearbox in safety mode it is safe to drive" in orange but when driving the gearbox would only go up to 2nd gear so I'd be doing 3000 revs at 25 mph and it just would not change gear after that
I also had issues with the car jerking forwards when stationary and selecting gear

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Not good, I have the same model and engine but all OK so far currently on 918 miles and just 4 weeks old!
I’ll have to keep an eye out for that but *touch wood* I’ve had zero issues with mine so far, very impressed.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
I kept getting "Gearbox error, stop immediately" in red, then it would change to "gearbox in safety mode it is safe to drive" in orange but when driving the gearbox would only go up to 2nd gear so I'd be doing 3000 revs at 25 mph and it just would not change gear after that
I also had issues with the car jerking forwards when stationary and selecting gear
Jesus that's bad. Ive not seen any others on here so you are just unlucky I guess

Jonouk1

Formentor V2 190
Aug 1, 2015
Bradford
I had a ghost 2 immobiliser fitted and initially the dealer said that was the problem and if I had it removed the issue would be sorted
that was a load of bo**ocks they just used the fact that I had it fitted and fobbed me off big time, making me pay for removal of the car from their premises
which cost £100
I'm really pi**ed with the dealer in Huddersfield they hung me out to dry, and gave me no help at all....

Vissa

Aug 25, 2022
Hellevoetsluis
Luckily that's what warranty is for. DSG boxes can be picky, I have seen them fail very early, but it is not something you see on regular basis. Thank god not.

Aug 22, 2022
Let's be glad they didn't fit the DQ200 (for the 1.5) gearbox in the formentor. Awfull gearbox with noises and rattles and above all it is known they do fail at some point. They fitted the DQ380 in the Formentor which is the best gearbox they curently have, or lets say the one with the least issues.

Eryas

Feb 21, 2022
Belgium
Strange, I always thought it was a new version of Dq200 for the 1.5 hp.

Good news if it's a better model. I really love the gearbox, really smooth. (in D)

Jonouk1

Formentor V2 190
Aug 1, 2015
Bradford
I finally have my car back, after 1 months off the road, The gearbox was not replaced in the end it was the Mechatronix control module that was replaced
under warranty, which was a relief.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Let's be glad they didn't fit the DQ200 (for the 1.5) gearbox in the formentor. Awfull gearbox with noises and rattles and above all it is known they do fail at some point. They fitted the DQ380 in the Formentor which is the best gearbox they curently have, or lets say the one with the least issues.
Well apparently Honest John (retired) says he gets zero letters when fitted to the 1.0 litres 3 cyclinders but lots on the 1.5 still, at the time. I picked him up on dissing the DQ200 fitted on all engines. Why its stupid those tuning up the 1.5 litre engine so they can break the box earlier.,