Formentor VZ2 High Pitch Noise

Mar 21, 2024
Hi everyone,

I hear high pitch noise like coilwhinning from back while on stop or driving at slow speeds like 30kmh max. When i push gas pedal the noise gets higher pitch. At high speeds i cannot hear the noise because of road and engine noise. Cupra Service expert says that the noise coming from fuel pump and it is normal. I am not sure if it is coming from fuel pump but that is not normal at all. Do anyone happen to have same problem.?

Darren Evans

Oct 27, 2022
Hi everyone,

I hear high pitch noise like coilwhinning from back while on stop or driving at slow speeds like 30kmh max. When i push gas pedal the noise gets higher pitch. At high speeds i cannot hear the noise because of road and engine noise. Cupra Service expert says that the noise coming from fuel pump and it is normal. I am not sure if it is coming from fuel pump but that is not normal at all. Do anyone happen to have same problem.?
I have had exactly the same issue over a couple of days and it’s really loud. Sounds to me like the pad had run out!

Odd though it just stopped and now it’s fine. 2-3 days if I remember.

Jones2020

Jul 14, 2023
Had the same noise too, last 3 days it has 2000 km on it its a hybrid made a weird coil whining noise, thought it had to do something with the regen braking or something… pretty weird noise

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.