FR 1.4 150 DSG exhaust advice

Feb 11, 2020
Hi,

I have a facelift 1.4 150bhp DSG and looking for a slightly louder/deeper and sportier tone perhaps a few pops being a DSG without the awful drone when at speed, would a res or muffler delete be the better option?

I always drive it in D mode and only put it into Sport occasionally and I’m not trying to make it sound faster than it is, just a sportier tone would do.

Last edited:

Qaz2453

Feb 3, 2022
I got a Res delete on my Leon FR 1.8 DSG, honestly made no difference to the sound at all, very disappointed with it 🙁

Try going for muffler delete it or a custom muffler

Feb 11, 2020
I got a Res delete on my Leon FR 1.8 DSG, honestly made no difference to the sound at all, very disappointed with it 🙁

Try going for muffler delete it or a custom muffler
Thanks, that will be off the list then, did you get any drone with the resonator removed?

Now thinking either get a Zaustworx rear muffler delete or go to Tony Banks for a custom exhaust.

Qaz2453

Feb 3, 2022
Thanks, that will be off the list then, did you get any drone with the resonator removed?

Now thinking either get a Zaustworx rear muffler delete or go to Tony Banks for a custom exhaust.
Yes but it's very minor it isn't really noticeable.

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Having had both separately and simultaneously, just go with the muffler delete.
Resonator didn't add much and both is very hard to live with.

Feb 11, 2020
Having had both separately and simultaneously, just go with the muffler delete.
Resonator didn't add much and both is very hard to live with.
Does the muffler delete sound deeper and sportier tone but not too loud? Don't want it to sound like a empty tin can.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.