FR 150 remap?

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
How many peeps here actually declare mods to insurance? and sinceRFL is linked to emissions check that the car is still in the same band?

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
there is a guy that travels around and does plug and plays and claims to be a customer mapper which I have been looking at for a while, great facebook reviews ect... and been in the game a while for £200, just again the stories put me off and the gain for a 1.4 150 is only upto 170/180bhp company dependant.

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
there is a guy that travels around and does plug and plays and claims to be a customer mapper which I have been looking at for a while, great facebook reviews ect... and been in the game a while for £200, just again the stories put me off and the gain for a 1.4 150 is only upto 170/180bhp company dependant.
Mobile custom maps is the biggest load of horse **** going. AVOID.
When getting a custom map the car is tested on a dyno and constantly monitored to ensure it's running safely, how can someone do that with just a laptop?

Reactions: Mr Pig

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello

Basically these type of guys buy their set up from ebay or similar, they flash their mates cars with generic rubbish but the car feels faster... next minute their mates are posting reviews etc and "he really knows what hes talking about" ......

If you go round Facebook groups and clink on all the websites of these types of people you will see 99% of the websites are the same website template "areas #1 tuning company etc"

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yes!

Bragging about mapping 6 cars in one day including travelling etc, #1 mapping company in your area.....

They are in the same area as Darkside for example.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
Hi.
If anyone ever needs any help with insurance at all for a re-map, chip or tuning box then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Reactions: Fortis
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise