FR/Cupra/BoC Panel Filter.....

Dec 3, 2009
Ok i don't want whole induction kit to take off and on for servicing what not etc... i just wanna replace the original filter, for something more free flowing...

After looking at the air box it looks oddly shaped for a flat panel! I really don't wanna open it up! :(!

Any pics would be good too see what shape the original filter looks like! :D

THANKS PEOPLE!!! :D:D:D:D:D

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Ibizaracebrake has change + modded his air box. Not sure if there is a direct drop in filter replacement as yet.

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
Factory air filter for cup/boc is a large cylinder made of plastic with a pleated paper element covered in a fibre sleeve and it's installed upright, using a twist lock to retain it. SEAT have gone to a lot of trouble to make sure no water gets to the filter using plastic panels to deflect it to a pipe in the base of the air box with a 1 way valve to allow a drain. When the filter is changed for a oiled cotton type this shielding can be removed to good effect and flow improved. I got an engineering firm to make an adapter allowing the fitting of a large GREEN cone filter - seems to work well. (video on Youtube)

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
I rolling roaded a 7bhp gain with the intake kit on mine over standard, flow on the standard airbox is pretty poor.

Dec 3, 2009
I rolling roaded a 7bhp gain with the intake kit on mine over standard, flow on the standard airbox is pretty poor.

Hmmm so your saying that if i fit a panel filter type, i would roughly get 1bhp or 2bhp from the standard air box?