FR TDI Clutch Pedal Vibration???

tommygaskell

I have had my Leon FR TDI for a week and still getting used to driving a diesel (Always driven petrol). I have noticed over the week, whenever I press the clutch down to change gear there is a fair bit of vibration on the pedal. Now to start with I just thought it was the diesel engine vibrating it but now its kind of annoying. The gear change seems very smooth and I was hoping the clutch would be too.

Is this common to have vibration on the clutch pedal on the TDI FR when changing gears or is it just a diesel thing? :confused:

Cheers
Tom

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
I have had my Leon FR TDI for a week and still getting used to driving a diesel (Always driven petrol). I have noticed over the week, whenever I press the clutch down to change gear there is a fair bit of vibration on the pedal. Now to start with I just thought it was the diesel engine vibrating it but now its kind of annoying. The gear change seems very smooth and I was hoping the clutch would be too.

Is this common to have vibration on the clutch pedal on the TDI FR when changing gears or is it just a diesel thing? :confused:

Cheers
Tom

If on tickover and I press the clutch pedal lightly there is vibration, always been the same ever since buying the car :)

Danny.

tommygaskell

yeh when its on tick over when i lightly press it and also when I first press it down to change gear...

tommygaskell

ah ok, was worried there was a problem, I am so use to smooth petrol clutches its been a bit strange.

It'll be good to hear if any other FR TDI owners have the same to rest my mind a bit...

tommygaskell

hmmm seems normal but ill keep an eye on the thread to see what more people say, I haven't another diesel in the family so cant check :-(

11980sm

Exactly the same as mine, took a bit of getting used to but I don't notice it anymore, Simon

Rob100

Never noticed any vibration, but then i find the diesel engine incredibly smooth compared to my previous mondeo with a transit van engine!

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
i get a wee bit on pressing the clutch in but so used to it having the ibiza and then the leon, i was gonna ask if anyone else feels on gear change the clutch to be a bit high on the leon mk2? Taking off frm 1st it's fine but i dunno maybe its just me lol. Anyone else have a comment on the clutchbiting point?

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
i get a wee bit on pressing the clutch in but so used to it having the ibiza and then the leon, i was gonna ask if anyone else feels on gear change the clutch to be a bit high on the leon mk2? Taking off frm 1st it's fine but i dunno maybe its just me lol. Anyone else have a comment on the clutchbiting point?

Yeah, ive noticed this :) also if i'm giving her some welly for a long period of time, the clutch goes a lot lighter? and then returns to normal after a while?
Anyone else notice this?

Danny.

likeitah

My FR does this as well and my Mrs's A3 TDI does it as well. Pretty normal nowt to worry about.

skordys

My 05 altea 1.9 pd tdi with 107k on clock has same sympthopms on idle and even on any gears.
Ex Audi man said is quite normal so no worry about this.

Scotty2hotty

The futures bright...
Mar 30, 2010
Newcastle
ThreadRevival-Batman.jpg

My clutch also has the symptoms described in this thread, nothing really bothers me though, most diesels are not 100% refined compared to the petrol counterparts

Skordys is on a thread revival mission...:happy:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise