Fr170 wont start

Apr 19, 2022
Last night the missus car started flashing the glow plug light on the way to work. Car then wouldn't start for a while when she came to leave and after getting it started cut out just down the road and had to get recovered.

She also noticed recently a bit of white smoke on morning start ups only and then when sat at lights, junctions etc. A burning smell. Not sure if that'd be linked.

Could it be an injector needing replaced as I've read these a bit of an issue on the 2.0 tdi?

Apr 19, 2022
Getting the codes read at the weekend hopefully, just trying to get a rough idea of what it could be so I can work out an estimate of getting it back on the road

Apr 19, 2022
Get the fault codes read, no point guessing.
No need to scan for codes. She got it looked at today and timing belt has came loose. Got proof of belt and water pump being replaced in April so I'm guessing they've fitted it wrong?

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
No need to scan for codes. She got it looked at today and timing belt has came loose. Got proof of belt and water pump being replaced in April so I'm guessing they've fitted it wrong?

Wow thats bad.

Engine is probably junk now.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members