From analog to digital dashboard

mulaganesh

Sep 8, 2021
Hi,

I have a 2021 seat leon st with a normal dashboard and im thinking about changing that with a digital. It seems like it should be a perfect fit and the plug on the back seems to be the same type.

Is it as easy as plug and play?

I noticed that a digital dashboard from 2020 have part number 5FA 920 790 and a digital dashboard from a 2021 model is 5FA 920 790A. Does it matter which I get?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
I'd be amazed if it was plug and play! Almost certainly require coding changes.

Here is an ad for a UK company for the change to the previous model of your car - note the comments on key adaptation. I doubt thats all.

mulaganesh

Sep 8, 2021
Thanks for your replies.

Oh I wish I had the part in front of me and could test it, with an obdeleven or vcds expert by my side. But I have to order and pay for the part with no refund possible and I don't have a friend with knowledge with coding. I'm gonna have to pay for all the coding, and that's gonna be expensive if its trial and error for a couple of hours I guess.

mulaganesh

Sep 8, 2021
Well if anyone is considering to do the same project. I've heard from my local retrofitter, that it's almost impossible to do this operation with a used part. If you buy a new digital cockpit it should be possible, but stay away from used parts at this point. To bad ....

Jan 13, 2024
I hope i
Well if anyone is considering to do the same project. I've heard from my local retrofitter, that it's almost impossible to do this operation with a used part. If you buy a new digital cockpit it should be possible, but stay away from used parts at this point. To bad ....
I hope saw your comment before i buy a used part 😭😭

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
I hope i

I hope saw your comment before i buy a used part
I heard that there's an official procedure to install used electronic parts with immobilizers. Dealer can apply to VW and they may or may not authorize the dealer to use it. Dealer should know about this, no harm in asking.

Sent from my 23013PC75G using Tapatalk

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
I don't think this is right. VW wouldn't allow you to use old used parts that is for sure
There's a procedure for this. See attached screenshot of a related thread.
7f831cc02711fdba7441d39a908b7fef.jpg

There's a procedure for this. See attached screenshot of a related thread.
7f831cc02711fdba7441d39a908b7fef.jpg

That's correct, it essentially means those that are using stolen logins (via services such as vaglogins/onlinegeko) are no longer able to adapt used instrument clusters.
Even those with legitimate access such as ourselves have to submit a request to VWAG, which can frustratingly take up to 48 hours to be processed and there's no guarantee that it'll be approved.

Reactions: serdar_18fr