Front Assist Not Available

Mar 22, 2023
As the title suggests, front assist is not working. Altho it doesn’t bother me, it is an MOT failure.

Since the warning has appeared (was driving down the A1M in heavy rain), I’ve had a full alignment done on the car. Also removed the bumper and inspected the radar and mount myself and all seems intact. Even Bush Tyres can’t do an ADAS calibration for some forgotten reason.

Tuning garage cannot get the code cleared either and just keeps coming back and with the MOT getting closer and closer, I’m running out of options. My final option would be to buy a radar box (used on eBay for 150) and see if maybe the box has malfunctioned entirely.

Have I missed anything else to look at?

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
You could probably pick one up for £65-100. If the unit you have is faulty and not repairable. Is it showing a warning light on the dash? Do you have an OBD scanner you can use to scan the fault codes?

Mar 22, 2023
You could probably pick one up for £65-100. If the unit you have is faulty and not repairable. Is it showing a warning light on the dash? Do you have an OBD scanner you can use to scan the fault codes?
Well, the fault was the same with or without the box plugged in. It’s the orange triangle warning light. Don’t have access to a reader this very moment but could possibly get it read by my friend

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
If it’s the same with it plugged in or not, is there a connection issue? Are the connectors clean, or is there debris in between?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.