Front Assist

Sep 17, 2022
I'm looking at a Leon 1.4 125 Excellence (2017) model with front assist but only has 1 standard stalk with is for cruise control does that mean it doesn't have full acc?
The dealer doesn't know at all, I've checked the dash and shows front assist but nothing else.
Can anyone help me?
Also are the 1.4 125bhp any good?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
The newer Leon's started coming with Front Assist, but the ACC needs a camera in the windscreen as well.

My Cupra 280 had ACC and I wasn't a fan of it to be honest. I was glad to be rid of it in my later car.

EDIT - Below is incorrect, must just be for lane assist. See @mick_n3 ;s post for correct answer.

My earlier car did have the extra stalk for the ACC. That being said I think the newer cars may of had ACC with just the standard stalk. But I would look at the windscreen for something like this...

1663445111502.png
1663444962645.png

Either way if you want it, it can be retrofitted.

Last edited:

daniel_ley

Mar 3, 2018
Dudley
I've had a look at the photos on the listing, and no this won't have adaptive cruise control as it does not have the separate stalk for it (only the indicator stalk is visible on the left side of the steering wheel).

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
What's the radar for then? I'm confused
Its as @daniel_ley said, its the "Front assist".

I suspect its the main reason my modified 2018 Carbon Edition was cheaper to insure than my relatively standard 2015 Cupra 280. Although I had Front Assist it wasn't standard equipment. , As it was standard on the facelift Cupra 300's in the UK I suspect it reduced the insurance group for later cars.

That being said it could just of been coincidence that my limited run Carbon edition with a £500 carbon splitter from factory and 370hp, was cheaper to insure than a stock 280 (even before I added the splitter and exhaust mods and declared them to my insurance).

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
I think it’s already been cleared up but the radar does front assist and ACC.
That’s why you can have it retrofitted (radar flashed and acc stalk installed).

The camera is for pACC which is the advanced form ACC that slows for bends and stuff like that I think.
Also traffic jam assist, that will slow you to a stop and move you off when using ACC.
(Then obviously it does lane assist, high beam assist and traffic sign also)

Eastyorksretrofit offer the upgrade, have a look on their website.

Tell

Staff member
The newer Leon's started coming with Front Assist, but the ACC needs a camera in the windscreen as well.

My Cupra 280 had ACC and I wasn't a fan of it to be honest. I was glad to be rid of it in my later car.

EDIT - Below is incorrect, must just be for lane assist. See @mick_n3 ;s post for correct answer.

My earlier car did have the extra stalk for the ACC. That being said I think the newer cars may of had ACC with just the standard stalk. But I would look at the windscreen for something like this...

View attachment 33711 View attachment 33710

Either way if you want it, it can be retrofitted.
I was going to tell you, you were wrong 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: Damo H

Tell

Staff member
I think it’s already been cleared up but the radar does front assist and ACC.
That’s why you can have it retrofitted (radar flashed and acc stalk installed).

The camera is for pACC which is the advanced form ACC that slows for bends and stuff like that I think.
Also traffic jam assist, that will slow you to a stop and move you off when using ACC.
(Then obviously it does lane assist, high beam assist and traffic sign also)

Eastyorksretrofit offer the upgrade, have a look on their website.
Lane Assist is the V camera as they call it which you see in the ringed image. That's the "hi-def" camera. The traffic movement to stop under taking is done via image processing from that camera which can be disengaged by coding. The clever stuff that hybrids and EVs do on regeneration of power is driven by the built in digital maps.

PS not in Cyprus but the middle of the Irish sea on marine internet 😉.

PS2 Ozzies always make a good read

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise