front mount intercooler set up

seatturbopower

Aug 1, 2012
birmingham
Ive been pretty busy over the weekend fitting the intercooler to the little Spanish stig,this is made up for the non cupra r so the seats with the 180 engine....after a good read up I couldn't find much info kinda,with the throttle body and turbo hot side over the same side,i didn't want pipes going over the engine bay as im not to keen on that look.
Im not sure on the intercooler sizes but the outlets was 2.5 inch (63mm) as I forget but the kit was from toyo sports and the pipe work was 2.25 inch (57mm).
some other extras that you will need is 180dgs hose,3 reducers (63mm to 57mm) and 1 metal joiner (63mm)
the sensor pipe was 2.25 inch as well from darkside.
Here is the pipes running from the throttle body to the intercooler....its very tight underneath the light so you have to place the clips tight in space,so remember if you need to get at them make it easy for yourself.

picture.php
[/IMG]

I would also remove the light as this helps as well.....:)

picture.php
[/IMG]

the mounting brackets I got from b/q or another home store if that's possible for you.
now the intercooler sits high I know but id rather this,as the pipe underneath fits ok and to be honest you gain about 4 rows extra so its one of them.the brackets needed to be bent down also a tiny bit,as it sits in the way of the bumper too much.

picture.php
[/IMG]

when you fit the long pipe from the outlet to the turbo side you have to lift the bumper and then fit the pipe work between the gap of the plastics where the fog light goes,there is some trimming but that's nothing the angle grinder cant sort out...:rofl::funk:
and this is how it sits........trimming on the bumper was needed to the top and the bottom passengers side nothing much be it fits....there is a 3sd bolt that holds the light inplace..you will have to leave that out and move the light so it fits kinda right...not 100% but 95 %.....again its one of them.

picture.php
[/IMG]

the red pipe was my fault buying off the internet and forgot to notice I had ordered the pipe in red!but its no problem personally:)

Last edited:

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Definitely no images for me and there seems a lot more information now than there was before unless it was the way I was reading it? :)

--Lee

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Until you spoke up I wasn't sure if this was meant as a reply for another thread so I started looking about just in case, only reason I thought that is because when I first started using a forum I actually did that haha XD

Hopefully seatturbopower can sort the images for us, I want to see what he/she has done! :)

--Lee

seatturbopower

Aug 1, 2012
birmingham
The tight bend on that red pipe is going to be restrictive. Probably fine until a certain tune level though.

yeh I was thinking that,but ill have to see when it goes to the mappers,to be fair it pulls pretty good,granted there could be better airflow to be suited if I went over the engine bay,but im not all there with the way it looks,prob its just me:whistle: :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members