Front passenger door doesn't lock

pyro

May 31, 2018
Hampshire
Hi,

I have a 2008 1P1 Leon. The front passenger door stopped opening from the outside a few years ago, so I did the drill + WD40 trick and it worked fine for a while.

Recently I heard a grinding noise from the door whenever the auto-locking clicked on after moving. After a few days it broke and no longer does anything.

The door is now not locking at all using either the remote locking on the key, the interior lock button, or the anti-hijack locking.

It can still be opened from the inside with no issues. If I press the key to lock it, the indicators don't flash, which I assume means it thinks one of the doors isn't locked. After pressing lock on the key, the front passenger door can be opened as if it was never locked. The other doors are fine.

Does anyone have any advice on what part actually needs to be changed? Is it the lock actuator, or the exterior handle?

I found this part number: 1P2837015 but I'm not sure if this is the part I need. I don't want to order and fit the part to find out it didn't fix the issue.

I tried taking off the door card and respraying the WD40 into the lock housing but it didn't work, it seems to be completely dead.

Also are there any guides on how to do this work?

Will the lock not working drain the battery? The red indicator light on the door stays on when it should go out.

Thanks

Robbo86

Jul 19, 2019
UK
The part number you have mentioned would be the right part by the sounds of what you have described. If you already know how to get the door card off and access this unit then you're pretty much halfway to replacing it anyway. I can't remember the exact steps from when I did it but above and below the catch of the door are 2 covers that when taken off expose the bolts holding the unit in place. Then I think it's just a case of removing the cables for the inside and outside handles putting the new one in place and working in reverse

Reactions: pyro

stephen

Dec 4, 2018
make sure your not getting the euro one. as it comes with different pins
i did that so i just swapped parts on to the old one been working no problem for a couple years

pyro

May 31, 2018
Hampshire
make sure your not getting the euro one. as it comes with different pins
i did that so i just swapped parts on to the old one been working no problem for a couple years

Thanks, mine is a UK RHD Leon, 2008. How do you take the door card off? Or can you change the lock without doing that? I want to check the connector pins but I've seen conflicting advice about how to remove the card.

stephen

Dec 4, 2018
Thanks, mine is a UK RHD Leon, 2008. How do you take the door card off? Or can you change the lock without doing that? I want to check the connector pins but I've seen conflicting advice about how to remove the card.
cant remember the front, but the rear you can take the small section and squeeze it out
but dont take the front door cards fully off! the two screw at the middle bottom attach to the window runner and are a curse to line up

pyro

May 31, 2018
Hampshire
Too late :( I managed to get one of the bolts back in but the other won't bite onto anything. I didn't even take the card off at all. I'll have to do it another time.

Reactions: stephen

stephen

Dec 4, 2018
Too late :( I managed to get one of the bolts back in but the other won't bite onto anything. I didn't even take the card off at all. I'll have to do it another time.
you can do it, its just hard

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.