Front Seat Airbag Delete Resister

Aug 17, 2021
Thought i post up my experience as i couldn't find a model specific response for my needs Of dealing with a change of seats and no airbag required

I have a MK2 Cupra 240 and after some trials you need a 3.5 ohm 0.5 W +/- 5% Resister. Mine actually measured at 3.7 ohms when installed (varience maybe due to just the resister or may be a slight change once it has the plug as well) you also need to bridge the Green and White wires in the vehicle loom, the system seems happy with it but have VCDS or something good enough to reset the airbag light as i was trying a couple of different values from different posts about Golf A3 etc that i found so i was reseting failures etc.

Also this is my personal experience and i hold no responsibility for what you may or may not wish to do with your own vehicle or your own specific outcomes of creating side ejector seats etc so be aware you are tricking or confusing an explosive trigger circuit continue at your own risk

Also i know you can turn off specific modules or circuits in VCDS but again i couldnt find any information on the hex codes etc needed and as with my luck i would have bricked a module or ecu etc this for me was the safer option

posted this up as couldnt find anything specific with values for a MK2 in the search, if i am wrong please let me know and i will remove the post

Excuse the excuse for a pic upload

Attachments

• IMG_1137.JPG
    IMG_1137.JPG
    477 KB · Views: 92
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.