Fun in the... snow?

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Hey all you hip-hoppers that are viewing the forums while at work :p Like me!

Anyone have any major problems getting in today? And nasty traffick jams playing merry hell with the nerves?

Personally, I'm very happy.. I saw a disgustingly modded silver Corsa with more Irmscher badges than the Irmscher webpage, spun 180 in the road after a slight-ding with a Royal Mail van. Driver looked fine, he was on the verge on his mobile. Spikey hair and pink tie in true modded Corsa metrosexual fashion. Warms the soul to see a dented Corsa :p (I'm going to hell... (at least it's warm.))

Yeh, so.. anyone got some snow-time stories to share? :)

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Woah.. that's surprising.. it's put a couple of inches down in Colchester, where I work. But Clacton is just a slushy mess already. Either way, handbrake turns into parking spaces has never been so much fun :p

(Thought I'd take this opportunity to get a grip for the snow-slides in the Leon) That's my excuse anyway :D

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Hmm.. seems Essex is the place to be :p As I've always suspected anyway.. this just provides further confirmation :D Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves :p

Heh. I want to go for a drive :< Damn work.

Nov 28, 2006
Traction control got me up a very slippy hill today. Foot almost to the floor and TCS just giving enough traction. The hill was full of rear drive BMWs fighting for grip and slipping all over the place. Nice feeling to just drive past them.

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Heheh. My wheels were feathering about, driving over compacted snow this morning. Going slowly approaching a junction, I could hear them stop and starting in quick succession.. I guess that's the TCS at its best. Sounded like crap though :S

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
ABS has managed to get me out of my flats car park the last 2 days without sliding into a bush :D

Haven't really had to the use the TCS as all the roads I drive on are well driven and melted by the time I use them :)

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
I'm just dreading the few days after the snow/sleet where the roads are slushy with ice underneath. Gonna be a headache doing the 20 miles back to home on the A120 with bumper to bumper traffic. Can literally count the accidents/crashes.

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
I'm not sure what to make of my freshly shod wheels running Pirelli P6000s. I can't work out if they're doing good or bad :S

I liked them on my other cars but this has a bit more grunt on the front wheels.

RichLCR225

Dec 4, 2006
North Yorkshire
I am finding my P-Zero's really don't like icy weather, car is all over the place so its slowly slowly for me on a morning on my local county roads. The car feels like its on ice skates, and on down hills when braking the middle pedal feels like a drill under my foot with the ABS working overtime!

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Had a bit of an incident tonight, stupid metro full of mugs almost hit me. Failed completely to see me slowing early before a small roundabout (I could see traffic approaching from my right). I stuck my hazards on, as a last resort, and watched as they slid, performed a smooth 180 and mounted the kerb, arse-first and hit a wall.

I jsut kept driving. Myself and everyone else I'd seen were doing about 15 mph, this tool was doing in excess of 30! Soooo close to hitting me.

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
LickWid that could of been devastating mate!

Its times like this when i love the work van and the Leon rests peacefully on the drive, waiting for a nice run out!

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Indeed mate. It is upsetting.

I've been thinking though, if I go to town with the tuning on my Cupra.. I'm going to get a work-horse for day-to-day driving and stuff. Probably a diesel of some kind, something I can work on myself. Ford Mondeo or something.

Was a scary experience though, stupid Metro!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members