Garrett T3/T4

CupraWay

I have read the stories about ihi, gt28rs and k04. But i never heard of somebody going t3/t4. This is a very cheap turbo and good for about 275 bhp. Is there a reason why this model is not so popular. The yanks do use is a lot and the stories sounds good.

sparkus2

i was going to fit a t3 off a cossie group A which i have but now building a kind off hybrid out of a k03 and k04 which i got hold of should maybe be ready in next couple of days. kkk are a better turbo anyway and the t3 maybe cheaper but they are a fair lump to fit but would be intresting to see.

sparkus2

defo lag city big impellers to be spun up on t3 takes a bit of air to get them to spun up.i notice this at work when balancing up the turbo cores on machine.

eyco

Nov 7, 2001
israel
here i Israel we have MK3 with K04-023, two with GT30R, one with GT28RS, T3, and one with IHI from STI suby.

i personally have modified T3...

basel_magyvar

nice so....so i can fit the T3 turbo ...in cupra 2.0 ....but u know how much it collect Hp???

eyco

Nov 7, 2001
israel
basel_magyvar said:
nice so....so i can fit the T3 turbo ...in cupra 2.0 ....but u know how much it collect Hp???

that's depend on the spec of the turbo, T3 have a few version's..
the 2.0L cupra(ABF) is a great engine, very aggressive, i would go with GT28RS or T3/T4 50 trim on it!!
but you will need to work on the internals, pistons rod's and c/r, and the GB can handle around 350-380hp..
if you still prefer T3 turbo so go with T3super60, that one can give you around 290hp at the wheel!! with build up engine.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.