Gas bonnet strut kit for the mk3

Scottrick

Oct 1, 2018
Northern Ireland
Not secure for me either.

However he has now sent me an invoice for the kit but I'm unable to pay as PayPal is saying "to comply with regulatory requirements, this transaction has been declined".

Anyone else ever get this? I'm unable to pay because of it, tried a few things Google suggests but nothing worked. May have to just buy from the website.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Not secure for me either.

However he has now sent me an invoice for the kit but I'm unable to pay as PayPal is saying "to comply with regulatory requirements, this transaction has been declined".

Anyone else ever get this? I'm unable to pay because of it, tried a few things Google suggests but nothing worked. May have to just buy from the website.
Strange as 3 people have made it through... Has PayPal just declared war on Russia haha is it worth opening a chat with PayPal to see what's wrong.

Scottrick

Oct 1, 2018
Northern Ireland
All good now, Google suggested paying it by checking out as a guest if that message pops up. Don't know why it wasn't letting me do it on my own PayPal, but all done now. Await his reply then post a few photos when i get them.

Cheers again for the info regarding him, much appreciated :)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
All good now, Google suggested paying it by checking out as a guest if that message pops up. Don't know why it wasn't letting me do it on my own PayPal, but all done now. Await his reply then post a few photos when i get them.

Cheers again for the info regarding him, much appreciated :)
Cheers for letting us know lol

arizla

Dec 7, 2014
Bishop Auckland
Currently £55.40 for the kit from the eBay store delivered... I'm hoping for £39 delivered

Ok so I just got this from the guy on Instagram for this Russian company and this is it in English and explained a little lol

PLEASE NOTE - I/FORUM AM/IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT MAY GO WRONG THROUGH PURCHASING USING ANY OPTION BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAKE THIS CHOICE YOURSELF AND IS NO WAY ASSOCIATED TO THE FORUM IN ANYWAY. I HAVE PREVIOUSLY ORDERED FROM THIS SELLER WITH NO ISSUES.

You have the following options

The MK2 and MK3 Leon kit should cost around £39 delivered (currency conversion dependent), delivery can be up to 2 weeks to the UK.

Option 1 - You can order from his website which is NOT secure (no https) but you pay with PayPal which is secure so it's only the information you give on the website that is not encrypted. I do not condone this option as I wouldn't do it myself so I won't post the website address (you can google them if you wish).

Option 2 - You contact him direct through email or Instagram (see below for contact info) and explain you're from this forum and you may want to mention the forum Instagram account that I contacted him through (seatcupradotnet) then give him the code seatclub to which he sends you a PayPal invoice for the amount including shipping (should be £39 ish) then you pay and he sends it out, this method is secure as it's all done through PayPal apart from the email to contact him.

Option 3
- You wait for his website to get SSL (https) so it's secure to order from his website (I will keep and eye on it)

Contact information -

His email is [email protected] and his name is Andrey if you want to use option 2.

The Instagram account is pneumatic_auto and you can contact through there if you wish.

Sample email to send him would be (if you want a sample that is lol)

Hi Andrey,

I am part of the SEATCupra.net forum and you recently spoke with one of our moderators through Instagram (seatcupradotnet), I would like to order a gas bonnet kit for a MK(insert here) Leon, I have been told it should be £39 with postage included using the code seatclub.

Could you confirm this for me so you can invoice my PayPal address which will follow after conformation.

Many thanks

Name

So now the choice is yours lol

Used option 2, contacted him last night about 8 O'clock and used sample email above, all done and ordered within an hour,
cost £40.57 Inc postage

Scottrick

Oct 1, 2018
Northern Ireland
Great job, arrived the other day and finally got time to fit them. 5mins each side having to cut a wee bit off the foam.

Love them, very tidy job.

Attachments

• 20190405_201307.jpg
    20190405_201307.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 126
  • 20190405_201249.jpg
    20190405_201249.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 127
Reactions: Legojon

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Great job, arrived the other day and finally got time to fit them. 5mins each side having to cut a wee bit off the foam.

Love them, very tidy job.
Glad to hear it! Looks great. How long did it take to arrive?

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Why are these not fitted from factory, such a shame as the bonnet i find is pretty heavy (good build quality)
the problem with these aftermarket parts is i have recently had a bad experience fitting these to my MX5 where it twisted the bonnet on one side due to the bonnet being probably to light for the struts even though they were made for the car.

suppose this problem may not occur with the leon due to the collosal weight of the bonnet

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Why are these not fitted from factory, such a shame as the bonnet i find is pretty heavy (good build quality)
the problem with these aftermarket parts is i have recently had a bad experience fitting these to my MX5 where it twisted the bonnet on one side due to the bonnet being probably to light for the struts even though they were made for the car.

suppose this problem may not occur with the leon due to the collosal weight of the bonnet
I've not seen any issues or comments regarding the issue you mentioned... It seems fine on the mk2 as well? How long did it take to twist the bonnet on thr mx5?

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
I've not seen any issues or comments regarding the issue you mentioned... It seems fine on the mk2 as well? How long did it take to twist the bonnet on thr mx5?

as soon as i closed the bonnet :banghead2 one side of the bonnet sat proud, i have since removed these and it has flattened out slightly however its not as it was.

as i say the Leons bonnet is pretty heavy so their probaly wouldnt be any issues with these kits. just a shame iv already been burned

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Yes I had a problem with my Astra VXR
There was a lot of flex and play so after fitment the bonnet sat VERY proud of the wings.
I spent ages re adjusting this. Nightmare.

The kit was a UK one with chromed/alloy anodised struts and chromed fittings.
Looked superb.

The Leon one works perfectly as there is no play or flex in the bonnet or hinges

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Scottrick

Oct 1, 2018
Northern Ireland
Damn that would be annoying. Is it not possible to somehow claim off the people the struts were purchased off? The fact they say they fit the model, yet do the damage (unless they were fitting wrongly).

Yeah Seat ones fitted perfectly, I'm still over the moon with mine lol.

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Damn that would be annoying. Is it not possible to somehow claim off the people the struts were purchased off? The fact they say they fit the model, yet do the damage (unless they were fitting wrongly).

Yeah Seat ones fitted perfectly, I'm still over the moon with mine lol.

just returned for full refund, problem is that some people get lucky and they work fine, all hinges are different i suppose

anyway the suns out so as much as i love the Cupra im going out in the MX5

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I find the struts are quite powerful and when they take over, I let the bonnet go once and it kind of flung it back. So now I hold onto the bonnet all the way open. You can feel the power behind them, which I guess will diminish as the gas runs out. But as stated, the Leon bonnet is heavy and the hinges sturdy. So I'm not greatly worried about twisting. But I guess it depends on the power of the struts. I heard tale of a guy fitting similar to the doors on his mk5 golf and it bent the door backwards.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members